2018 Frame Game

It will go down.

frame%205

Body Blows Galactic?

Nope, that’s not the reason for the floating limb!

frame%206

I second the NeoGeo fighter vote. Maybe that weird one (like that narrows it down any) with the Rasputin like character with the weird magic hands? I’m drawing a blank on the name.

No, it’s not one of the World Heroes games.

pokes thread @Left_Empty

Hey, I’m not the one who figured the game but don’t post its name!

Need more reveal. ;)

Oh, oops. My bad.

frame%207

Based on the names of the combatants, I’m going to assume that’s a mod for Sid Meier’s Gettysburg.

You are right in that this game would be a serious contender to Sid Meier’s masterpiece for the best RTS ever.

There are so many fighters from when I was in high school that looked just like this, and I pretty much only played Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat.

So I’ll guess one I remember my cousin enjoying on Neo Geo… King of Fighters, I think it was called.

Poke, @Left_Empty

I have absolutely no clue what this is. Not a fighting game guy, myself. But kicking your own leg off looks/sounds painful.

Leg-ality!!!

Ok, maybe it’s an Ace Attorney game then?

aof-04-22-130407

@Left_Empty I think we’re all clueless. Obviously an arcade fighter, likely Neo Geo-based. I concur with others who have stated such. Put us out of our misery, sir?

King of Fighters?

It was Art of Fighting, which despite its looks and name isn’t a fighting game, but one of the best streamlined RTS, released before that genre had even a name!
Sadly, the comparison with Street Fighter 2 put it in the shadows — which this quiz seems to confirm.

Looking it up, it’s the sequel to Final Fight, which is a great game. I wondered why it has that FF/Streets of Rage vibe.

Also, looking at a video, I have no idea what you mean by a streamlined RTS? It looks like a standard fighting game to me!

New game: Bart Simpson vs The Space Mutants?