2018 Frame Game

Okay, next frame -

1893: A World’s Fair Mystery HD.

Grow Up?

Sid Meiers Railroads zoomed in really close.

Lovely Planet?

Nope to all. This next frame may generate the right guess …

Human Fall Flat?

Bingo! I just recently played this game and had a complete love/hate relationship with it. I understand that the loose controls and wonky physics are part and parcel of the experience, but I thought there surely must’ve been some small middle ground concessions they could have made to playability.

Did you play it co-op? I think it’s really meant to be played co-op. The intentional jankiness of the game serves as a catalyst for real cooperation between players. And also for hilariousness pretty much the entire time. It’s much funnier with a friend when they get stuck somewhere, or you can’t quite do something by yourself, etc. It’s a lot of fun. Been a while since we played it, but I hope more levels keep getting added to it.

Here we go.

Alright I thought that’d be a pretty good amount of info to get at least SOME guesses. I think I’ll skip a bit ahead here.

Warriors of the Eternal Sun!

That’s it! I was too lazy to get my own screenshot and stole one from Mobygames. I realllllllly considered using a screenshot from the first-person dungeons which really probably would have confused people. Because it looks so similar to Westwood’s other AD&D RPGs at the time. First person, dungeon crawling, those exact portraits and icons. Heh. Like the Eye of the Beholder series, etc. Some day I’d actually like to do a video review of all the Westwood RPGs that use the same UI assets. There’s even an exclusive 3DO game called Slayer that has a sequel on 3DO as well, but that sequel was no longer exclusive and also came out on DOS. That one being Deathkeep.

Here’s the full screen:

And here’s the first-person dungeons:

If you’ve played the EOTB games, tell me that doesn’t look at least somewhat familiar. :D

@Left_Empty You’re up!

I have fond memories of that game, although I didn’t get far, because I wasn’t familiar at all with Western RPG tropes (or any RPG’s, really). I remember Rings of Power coming out at the same time in my country, and the reviews weren’t really helpful, saying they were both great RPGs. I got Warriors of the Eternal Sun simply because the animations were smooth (Electronic Arts’ games all played at 10 FPS on the Megadrive for some reason, at least in my memory).
The game also sounded really great for a Western game, nothing like the usual horror of EA games on the console.
I had no idea it was Westwood, but I guess those guys had silver fingers, whatever they touched. And that 3D dungeon’s compass is striking, indeed.
Anyway, this makes me really anxious to try the game again! Maybe I’ll get further than in Ultima 4 and Ultima Underworld!

Two Brothers?

Wide swing!

wha…is this a Game Boy game?? Aaawww. Don’t know it though…

It may be just a trick!

Evoland?

Mystic quest?