2018 Frame Game

Pillars of Eternity 2? ;)

The Lion’s Song?

No to all of those! I will post the next shot here in a few hours, I forgot to upload them to the cloud or I’d do it a little early to keep things moving. If you guys don’t see a new screen grab in the next 3 hours, I forgot and am playing Dragon Quest XI instead so fee free to @ me. ;)

Stories: The Path of Destinies?

I have a sinking feeling I’m going to catch some shit for this one, but trust me when I say if I hadn’t gotten a little creative, someone would have guessed it by even a single blade of digital grass!

Six Ages?

Pillars of Eternity

LOL you guys are killing me. I don’t think I covered this gem enough. I better change that.

Now I’m curious what it is if for no other reason than that it seems like something I’d want to play.

pillars of eternity 2 deadfire?

thats the only game I remember you posting a billion things about recently.

I guessed that one earlier, and Scott said it wasn’t that.

Pathfinder: Kingmaker?

Nailed it!

I love these little “adventure” moments, lots of skill checks and crazy outcomes. In this one, my entire party got cursed (-2 CON) for … permanently, and we were level 2 - no way to get easy access to a remove curse. I found a few scrolls so I removed the curse for a few of the front line characters, but the rest of us had to make do for a bit. Kind of awesome.

Hm… I could have sworn I had the full image up on screencast, but it’s not here, so I’ll have to update with the full image in a few hours when I get home for lunch.

Good job @rhamorim, you’re up!

Sweet! But…

You got that right. First, the game is not even out. How could you expect us to be able to recognize it if most of us haven’t actually played it or seen it anywhere?

That said, you’re forgiven. BTW, how strongly do you recommend the game at this point? Good for fans of NWN? Better than Pillars?

I’ll post something when I can… not sure when exactly that will be, but hopefully soon. ;)

So I see that the game accurately simulates adversarial, “Rocks fall, everybody dies, fuck you guys!” style GMing then ;-)

I think it could potentially be a game changer in the party-based RPG space. But. Every build of the beta was buggy af. I have some grievances with the game (like having a wizard cast a blindness spell that is permanent, or curses that require a specific spell to lift) because even as a guy that’s loved and played D&D for years, I even forgot how to deal with that stuff, and how is a new player supposed to? Cries of “game is bugged my guy is always blind” will be even more common given the real time nature of the game’s combat. How easy to miss the spell hitting you? Very.

But it’s VERY true to the material and the rules. It’s great looking (though I suspect even the last beta build has place holder art and UI here and there), it plays well (though the beta chugs in some locations, optimization stuff), and it all mostly works as intended (the number of times I myself thought something was bugged but later realized was working like it’s supposed is… a pretty big number - but this ties into my larger point about concern over new players not understanding what’s going on).

It’s also huge in scope - massive. Like, all 6 chapters of the original module are represented with post game content that will let you hit level 20. That’s DnD level 20, so like Dragon Quest level 250.

I reported a few things that I didn’t like or wanted to fix (that intro menu - it’s … very slow. Why do I need to watch candles light up and then a book zoom slowly into view before I can freaking click continue!? How annoying will that get the third… fifth… twentieth time I load my game!?), but I’m not sure if beta feedback is even being looked at - none of my previous reports were yet addressed that I could tell.

I’m cautiously optimistic - like I said it could be a game changer, and it’s fun when it’s working and all the cylinders are firing. But it’s got a big party size, lots of enemies, and while the pace of the combat is very well measured it’s still RTwP and that’s going to be tough for some folks that should otherwise love this.

It may be worth checking out post-launch reviews and thoughts to see where it’s at with patches and a road map, like Bard’s Tale IV turned out. I’m going to try and cover it when it drops next week a little, as well. I wanted to do some coverage earlier but even the last beta build felt kind of early yet. I’m not convinced it’s going to be in a super polished state next week. Time will tell.

One last note - several, quite a few in fact, developers on this game are very active in the community. They want this to be an amazing experience, and I have every faith in the world that even if it’s a little messy at launch, it will probably be overall playable and they will support the hell out of it. Just my observations, but my confidence is high.

I say, from now on, all gloves are off.

You of all people don’t need help! The only person who regularly got more obscure was @Juan_Raigada with his love of mecha games ;)