2019 Cricket World Cup

South Africa might win a match today!

Unpossible!

Poor Afghanistan.

Great start from India here. Can’t see Pakistan chasing whatever total they put on from here.

They now require 136 off 30 balls. Seems…unlikely.

The scheduling in this tournament is just weird. NZ is going to end up with a 6 day break between games for example.

Bangladesh just stuffed the Windies, not even close.

The BBC currently has this as “Bangladesh beats Bangladesh” which is obviously wrong.

It should say “West Indies beat West Indies.”

I think England are going to reach 400 today. It makes me wonder what the highest scores have been during a world cup.

Ok, last over for England, they’re 22 short of 400. I guess it’s technically possible, but looking unlikely now.

397 not too shabby

Eoin Morgan hit 17 sixes.

Before today the most sixes by an England player in their career in World Cup contests was 9 (David Gower) …

Morgan now has 25.

CricBuzz says the RSA / NZ match will be 49 overs rather than 50 due to a wet outfield. What does that even mean? If you can play 49 overs, surely you can play 50?

They’re quite strict with their timing generally regarding when a match has to finish usually although I confess I haven’t looked specifically at the CWC regulations.

But it will be to do with that rather than the ground conditions.

Why is South Africa this slow? Only 187 runs after 43 overs? I don’t think I’ve ever seen a score tick up so slowly. Is the field wet or some other extraneous circumstances where New Zealand are going to have the same problem?

EDIT: I have to admit, The final score of 241 after 49 overs seems pretty decent. This might turn out to be an exciting match that comes down to the wire if conditions keep NZ to a slow pace.

80/4 now for New Zealand. South Africa now have 4 outs, so this is getting pretty exciting. The pressure is on!

Go Proteas!

New Zealand are making this very hard work. Needing more than a run a ball off the final over isn’t great when you have so many wickets in hand. Could have pushed the rate much earlier.

Edit : Williamson got this.

Kane! 😃