2019 Frame Game - All Are Welcome!

Not Obiwan?

More like “hey, I’m not Obi-wan”, but correct ;)

not much else to reveal in that blurry mess.

Is that the CAVE one with the bugs? (That’s all I got…)

The lush jungle can be misleading, but it’s not Mushihimesame nor any Cave title!

It was Vasara 1 from the just released Vasara Collection, by the Brazilian Qubyte Entertainment, priced generously at 4 to 6 bucks on the first week, for PC, Switch, PS4 and whatnot.
The funny twist of that series is that you got a charged melee attack that push most enemy bullets away from you, inflicting heavy damage, but also knocking you back. In the same way, you can bump into enemies and not be killed, it’s quite funky. There is also a fury gauge that fills up to satisfying result.
The scoring is the complex affair of post-1994 shoot’em up. Figuring it is part of the fun in my opinion. That makes shoot’em’up effectively strategy games!

Despite the defensive ability, those are very hard shooters indeed.

The ports of the two games seem competent and feature quite a few options, although they lack strangely basic things such as graphic filters or more importantly key configurations.
The game also features a 3D remix/mixup of the two arcade games, meant to be played by 4 players on a wide screen. Alone, that mode is unplayable because of the slowness of the ship. It doesn’t also capture the punch of Visco’s originals. It might be a very different feeling with 3 other players on a couch, though.

I’ll have to come up with something else if I don’t fall asleep.

I wouldn’t know that, even with it having a Brazilian dev. ;)

Shame! Shame on you!

frame%201

Civil War Battles?

That is not it.

frame%202

Vasara 2

Railroad Tycoon?

Absolutely!

48%20PM

I find the world view fascinating, with the growing artifical veins of industralization running progressively through it, then outnumbering natural water venues. The historical replay is also wonderful, especially because it has the amazing taste to share the same scale as the world view.
To me, in the modern age, fast forwarded replays of Offworld Trading Company manage to capture some of that pretty unique feeling.

@Nightgaunt You’re up!

Not rushing you (it hasn’t been long). Just tagging your name to make sure you get a notification.

New frame!

Pillars of Eternity?

At least, I think that’s a pillar. Not so sure about the Eternity part. Might be an archway, though. Hrm.

Dark Souls, because it’s really dark.

Looks like a ionic style pillar, which suggests Athens, so I’ll guess Assassin’s Creed Odyssey.

To me it looks like a cartoonish gargoyle, so I guess Epic Mickey 2.

Darkest Dungeon?