2019 Frame Game - All Are Welcome!

I’ve been meaning to go back to Phantasy Star (I never finished it). But when I heard about this version, I’ve been putting it off. I really hope it comes to PC, if only for the automap.

Okay, here we go. Bit surprised this one wasn’t done. Or if it was, it wasn’t in the cheat codes page. Please ignore the weirdass image size and quality. Made it myself, and if I explained too much, it’d give things away.

xIII?

I’d say this is before that, late 90s.

Archer McLean’s pool

Nope to those.

Seventh guest

Nope. I like where your mind is at, though.

Return to Zork?

Nope.

The Saturn version of Deadly Premonition :O

Keep Playing Or Something About Exploding?

Hmmmm, maybe a Tex Murphy game or something? Under a Killing Moon?

I think that’s the STARS logo, so I’ll guess, uh, Resident Evil 2 in celebration of the remake?

[edit] Shit, that’s probably Jill Valentine’s mug, and she’s not in RE2. I should’ve guessed 1 or 3. I think that’s even her name in the pixelated signature.

Papers Please?

Goldeneye?

@nijimeijer I’ll give it to you. It’s original version of Resident Evil 1 on Playstation (long box) specifically. Though I doubt this screen changed much in later versions. Captured myself, which is why the resolution and quality is a bit weird. I cropped off the overscan blank area for my stream. Been playing it on Twitch for the first time ever, and I’m actually really enjoying it. Probably be finished with it later today. Well, the Jill route anyway. I thought the bad voice acting or tank controls would ruin the fun for me. Nope. I’ve gotten used to the tank controls (a bit like driving an RC car, only with a D-pad) and the voice acting is kind of hilarious in a B-movie way that really fits. I’m really glad I chose to play the original and not the remake. That way I can play the remake at a later date and enjoy all the changes/updates.

Also, if anyone else is caught up in the Resident Evil fever caused by the RE2 remake coming out and want to play this original version, I definitely suggest playing the Playstation version. Reason is, the PC version (for Win95) looks TOO good. The character models stand out way too much from the low res pre-rendered backgrounds. I went to all the trouble of getting the PC version working, only to realize it was pointless. So if you play it, play the PS1 version. And if you emulate it, turn off all anti-aliasing, upscaling, and texture filtering of the graphics. Play in the base 240p resolution with all the bells and whistles turned off. Only then will the graphics really work together aesthetically. Rather than do that, I decided to track down an actual long box copy of the game and play it on my PS2 (was having trouble capturing my PS1).

Oh, and AVOID the “Director’s Cut: Dualshock Version.” The music was redone and they really botched the job in some places (famously so). Though apparently the regular Director’s Cut version does not have the bad music. It’s a shame, because I think using a Dualshock and having analog control would help with the tank controls a little bit. Also it added rumble to the game. Basically, if you care about music, avoid the Dualshock version. If you don’t, it might be pretty good otherwise.

Anyways, you’re up, @nijimeijer

What was his guess?

EDIT: Oh, I see a few posts further up he guessed RE2. Good call given the info we had!

I’ll have something up later today.

Okay, new frame. This is from an HD\Enchanced whatever of an older title, so don’t let the resolution fool you (may be helping, but don’t want folks to go in the wrong direction).

Heroes of Might and Magic III