2019 Oscars thread of Buzz and Snubs

Yeah, it was great. But if it wins best pic, how can Viggo not win best actor? He was fantastic in it.

I saw Bohemian Rhapsody and liked it, and thought Malek was quite good, but Viggo was that Italian bouncer from New York.

I agree 100%. I like Malek but Viggo had him beat hands down.

One of the few pleasant surprises and easily the best speech of the night!

Yeah, I was glad she won. I’ve loved her in a bunch of BBC stuff. I did feel a bit bad for Glenn Close. Seven nominations and never a winner. She’s running out of roles to play. She’s grandmother stuff now.

Gah.

Green Book might a worse Best Picture winner than Crash or Shakespeare In Love. It might be Greatest Show on Earth levels of bad.

I’m heading out of a rock show and going through Oscar winners and seeing Cuaron winning, and Black Panther winning and If Beale Street Could Talk and Regina King and thinking “Man, maybe the Academy is changing…”

And nope.

Bohemian Rhapsody got Best Editing? Yikes.

Yeah, put me in the same group that thinks Green Book winning is kind of lame. Viggo and Mahershala are fine, but that movie is a self-congratulatory pile. I guess it’s good that it got more people to learn about the real-life The Negro Motorist Green Book, but that’s really all I liked about it.

OMG, the real-life Tony Lip played Carmine in the Sopranos!?! His life story won best picture.

Are. You. Fucking. Kidding. Me.

NightColman2

-xtien

So glad she won.

Spike Lee’s movie lost to Driving Miss Daisy again. (except the white racist is driving the black guy this time!)

At least his movie was nominated?

The Favourite was robbed, but Olivia Colman won, so I was happy. Feel bad for Glenn Close, but I just think that nobody saw “The Wife”. I do hope she gets another shot at it. But Colman deserved the Oscar with her performance.

Bohemian Rhapsody winning four Oscars feels right, since that movie brought me so much joy.

When the actress from 8th Grade showed up as a presenter, it was a sudden reminder: hey wait a minute why the hell isn’t 8th Grade nominated for anything?

@WhollySchmidt, I think you usually post places to watch the short films and short animated films and short documentaries online. I might need that this year, because my wife really wanted to watch the animated short winner and the documentary short (Period. End of Sentence. Which is apparently about women’s periods).

Netflix.

Very cool. Now I just need to find Bao, the animated short winner.

Tou·effing·ché!

Though if I’m honest with myself, I bet some of my actions may come across as such with some of my staff so I best get into that a bit deeper.

Yeah, he said something like, “Whenever somebody’s driving somebody, I never win” ha ha.

Yeah, I think after grabbing the Golden Globe and SAG awards she was expecting to win. She wore a regal gown. Thing weighed 42 pounds.

Bao is available as a digital purchase from all the usual places in the US: Amazon, iTunes. Looks like it’s $1.99 on Amazon, $2.99 on iTunes.

It’s also included as an extra with physical and digital copies of The Incredibles 2.

It was also free on Pixar’s youtube channel at one point, which is where I watched it. Don’t know if it is still up. Also, you should follow that Youtube channel, and also, you should not watch Kitbull (a new short) in a room where you are not OK crying.

I also liked One Small Step and Weekends from the animated category. Animal Behaviour was okay but not that special, Late Afternoon was sweet but also not anything amazing.

I think all of the Documentary Short Films were pretty good this year. I haven’t looked them up myself but my friend says they’re all available streaming for free (and legally) in the US. You should probably be able to google up their locations, I know at couple are on Netflix. A Night at the Garden was my favorite, it’s short and chilling. You can watch that directly from their site (via Vimeo).