2020 Downballot Election Extravaganza

And I agree that he is certainly a possibility. As Graham might be, but I have a suspicion that Graham is as despised by his Republican colleagues as he is by the Democrats, so I’m not sure they would offer him the job.

Thune is an interesting cat. He is definitely a mainstream hard C conservative senator…but he doesn’t always seem to have the same taste for blood that Mitch does.

Yeah, they’re not giving it to Romney. Especially since he isn’t really on the team anyway.

Grassley would have the best shot, but he seems happier when he can hide.

Yeah, I think that to the broader point, it doesn’t just require shitty morals and a power-hungry, fox news-allied worldview to be Mitch McConnell. You also have to be both a good strategist and a bold, confident leader. You have to be willing to do the thing your opponents assume you can’t do, but you also have to choose the right things.

I think Dems take presidency/house/senate.
It’s currently 53-47 in Senate. Dems lose AL but win in descending order of likelihood CO/ME/AZ/NC. Dems keep triple crown through 2022 midterms. Biden isn’t on ballot in 2024 and doesn’t make it through first term.

You left out the Montana race.

AND YOU LEFT OUT MCGRATH > MCCONNELL

believe

It’s been argued that MoscowMitch is a master politician and one of the most successful and powerful Leaders in the history of the Senate. I doubt anyone else will be as successful at holding the entire R caucus together has MoscowMitch has been.

But it doesn’t matter, because MoscowMitch isn’t going to lose.

I assume the left wing is going to primary the crap out of him?

No way. Peterson’s district isn’t purple. It’s red. You trade either having a moderate center-right Democrat there for “You get nothing.”

Different situation than Henry Cuellar in Texas or Dan Lipinski in suburban Chicago, where their districts are reliably blue, but the Democrat who represents them is center right.

Yeah, you and i realize this.

They gonna try and primary him anyway?

I mean, I guess your first task would be finding someone to the left of Collin Peterson in the prairies of northwest Minnesota. (I kid! But, like, only kind of.)

I’m still tracking overall numbers, but I think Hickenlooper is going to lose to Andrew Romanoff in the Colorado caucus. Romanoff is far more progressive and was the leading candidate before Hickenlooper jumped in.

The problem is that it is going to take the CO Senate race out of sure Dem pickup. Romanoff doesn’t have the name recognition and popularity of Hick.

As weird as any caucus is - Colorado found new ways to be weird. All today’s caucus does is determine who gets on the ballot for a June 30 primary (assuming I understood the Denver Post), and even the path from caucus to primary ballot is convoluted.

I should have known that! Thanks for clarifying it

Wisconsin primary results from last week are rolling in slowly…

…and the GOP backed state Supreme Court judge candidate is not doing so hot just yet.