2020 Frame Game - Come Join the Fun This Year!

Is it the Canadian section of South Park: Stick of Truth?

Nope! Didn’t even know that game had a 2D section. Looked it up. Fun.

I sat here trying to make another screen with more reveals, but really the only thing left to be revealed was the rest of the characters’ sprites. So, screw it. Have the whole thing. Oh, and ignore the MSI Afterburner stats in the corner. I left it on by accident (had just been using it in another game).

Some one put me out of my misery here, will you? Anybody know this game?

And, heck, if it helps, have this too:

I think this is wrong, but is this an Ys game? I have no clue which as there are so many, but I see a JRPG sprite with red hair and think Ys. I’ll guess Ys VI if we need to be exact, but that’s a numeral selected at random.

Edit: Upon closer inspection, I think the red-haired sprite is a lady sprite, so probably not Ys.

Evoland 2

There’s certainly been a lot of versions of pretty much every Ys game in the series, so I get your reasoning. And you’re right, that IS a lady sprite. But yeah, not an Ys.

Edit: Nor is it an Evoland.

I think I know this now, but I had to do a bit of Google sleuthing to find the name, so I’m not sure if my guess counts or not, especially since I already guessed a few minutes ago. I’m spoilering the guess in case someone else knows it or figures it out.

I’m pretty sure it’s Pier Solar, a Sega Genesis / Mega Drive game released within the past several years. I never played it, but remember reading about it—a new Sega Mega Drive game, how novel—and the cryptic clues / guesses reminded me that it was a thing that exists. Sifting through Google results for “new sega genesis jrpg” was then the hardest part.

@Dissensus You’re correct. It is indeed Pier Solar and the Great Architects. Originally a fan-made Genesis/Megadrive game that released in 2010. Then, in 2014, after a kickstarter for it, the “HD” version came out on PC, PS3, PS4, Ouya (lawl), Wii U and Xbox One. In 2015 it got a Dreamcast port, according to Wikipedia. However, that is not how I remember things. I’m almost certain the Dreamcast version came before the others (except the original Gen/MD). Anyway, the later versions had the ability to switch between the new “HD” graphics and music or the original 16-bit versions.

The original Genesis/Megadrive version is a big collector’s item. Especially since Watermelon had all the drama in recent years and it’s looking like they won’t be making new copies of it any time soon. You can still get the Steam version:

Anyway, you should now understand why I couldn’t answer Left_Empty’s question. It is a post 16-bit era RPG, but at the same time definitely IS a 16-bit RPG.

You’re up, @Dissensus. I realize you were not intending to win with that guess, but I don’t think anyone else is familiar with the game at all. Even if you had to look up its name, you knew what game you were trying to track down.

That’s the exchange that got the gears in my head turning.

Anyway, new game, new frame:

Oregon Trail!

Kingsway?

Sid Meier’s Pirates! (Gold)

Nothing yet, though this game is certainly in the lineage of some of the games mentioned above.

Silk.

It is Silk, from the recent racial justice itch.io bundle. Heading through Parthian lands hoping I don’t give up too much of my wool to pacify roaming militias.

@Left_Empty is up.

(Clears throat)

You have to really poke them hard. Like, in the eye, or somewhere else equally painful.

@Left_Empty Poke! You’re up!

We should limit the next ten choices as only games from the itch bundle.

But I didn’t know about the bundle until it was over. :(