2020 Frame Game - Come Join the Fun This Year!

Looks like some sort of loading screen…

Scythe digital edition?

Some ideas here are in the right direction. This one might help, depending on how into the lore and world building people got into in this particular title…?

Ok, now I’m sure I’ve seen that. Trying to remember where though. Stellaris?

Endless Space 2?

Brink?

Killzone Shadow Fall

I think I’ve seen this one too. Good pick Scott, really tough trying to figure it out :)

Titanfall

Okay, let’s go again - this time with a very big clue in the form of a UI element. It won’t be a dead giveaway unless you played it recently, I suspect, but it’s something!

Horizon Zero Dawn?

The UI reminds me of Prey.

Well done, sir!

It is indeed Prey from 2017, one of my favorite BioShock like games (and in fact, I’ve been replaying it recently). This is a massive painting in a room down the hall from your own in-game office, one of the first objectives in the game takes you to this room, and it’s a really cool looking painting. I immediately thought of the frame game when I saw it so I lined my character up to have this fill the view and snapped the pic. :)

Some of you guys, like @rhamorim that thought it might be a loading screen, or @Rock8man that suggested it was a painting, or especially @robc04 that was thinking post card, were on the right track. It was fun to observe.

@wavey, you are up!

I loved the setting of Prey, and the first half hour is spectacular (I went in knowing nothing). But I don’t think I was good enough at the game - eventually the scarcity of the ammo plus regenerating enemies stressed me out too much.

Anyway, next:

Bulbous Trees 2: Squishy Leaf Universe U

Worms Armageddon

I can reveal that unfortunately it’s from neither the Worms nor Bulbous Trees series.

Quest For Glory.