2020 Match 2 of The Resistance: Avalon

I made that up.

I think that you generally had the right idea, I think the subtle mistake was that you proposed a crap team for your turn to deny me cards which made sense, but then you forgot to tell Soon what team he should run. The only person you wouldn’t tell what to run would be Merlin.

In the case of some miraculous comeback, he definitely would have been my choice.

I considered saying rerun 3B and I would have, but Scott told me to be quiet and not name teams after I outed myself so I figured I should listen (clearly a mistake).

I feel bad for Perky and Cuthbert, who didn’t get to do much and just sat there being Good the entire game without being noticed.

I see why you would, but I think that’s a mistake. Good’s #1 task is finding Mordred and you knew I wasn’t Mordred so I think taking the lower odds shot at finding Mordred has more value than confirming me.

I was pretty sure Cuthbert was Mordred.

Probably. I think I made several mistakes this game, one of which was jumping the gun on asking for the OC.

Hey I tried to include them in our reindeer games

If only you’d just named your team forward.

Funny, I regretted that post, I was channeling good guy giving a warning about not outing Merlin, but then I realized that I really wanted to hear your team choice.

I thought Scott was tipping his role here to me and Rowe. So when Rowe got the reveal card I was gutted because I thought he was Mordred.

Nope, just clueless!

It was mostly circumstantial, with Perky seeming vaguely Good and me thinking it was a 50-50 between you.

It’s a possible that I was baiting you just a little teenie tiny bit for much of the early game :)

Yeah, it’s hard to argue against the unlikelihood of 2 evils/ 1 fail. Though I think that will be the new meta, not to ignore that possibility.

lol it didn’t even occur to me. I was seriously trying to channel good the whole game. Even that stupid move to dump the CP and force team 2D through, which right after I did it seemed stupid coming from a loyal knight.

As I told Knight, either on accident or on purpose you’re very good at ticking me off enough to make me post. It’s just unfortunate that I couldn’t be Oberon again this game to end up on the same side.

Lantz is still the only person to legit piss me off on a Qt3 forum game.

(That was 4 years ago, we’re cool now.)

On the strategy of avoiding fails…(note this will likely change, or not, for future games!)

Mission 1 - I assumed Lantz would fail it because he’s the one that set up the double Evil team. Simple enough. I was slightly worried he’d play it clean but not enough to risk a double fail on a 3 person team.

Mission 2 - I considered openly saying I would fail this (and probably just should have really). There was no way I wanted Good to even it at 1-1. In the end, I figured Scott would fail it because…I don’t know. I forget why really. There was no reason for either of us to Fail it over the other. No one could check the cards, no one was voting Success/Fail in thread. Just luck in the end I guess.

I wasn’t counting on getting both of those damn cards to start mission 3 though. It seemed as if Scott was being thought of as solidly Good at that point so it made sense to just EC to him. Calling both Lantz and me out as Evil would make him pretty immune to accusations after that. I thought people might call for him to be given the OU to be verified but luckily it never really came up.

OH, forgot to add - I figured Scott was Mordred by outing Lantz. Made sense to appear to be Good to Merlin.