2020 NZ election

I understand, but for me losing the Maori Party altogether would be a greater loss, and at least Coffey will get another shot in 2023. Still, we have to wait for the specials to come in, so I might be getting ahead of myself. :)

I’m a little nervous that with the exodus of National’s younger liberal wing over the past year, they’ll look to the rise of Act, who found a niche with issues the other parties wouldn’t touch (like gun control “policy”) and that during the rebuild they’ll come back more conservative than before.

I may have been unclear. I’m very happy the Maori party is in. I hope Coffey misses out altogether.

I fear that National may decide that moving more conservative and potentially more religious is the way to go. Which would be a poor decision.

Oh sorry, I did misunderstand and am in full agreement. I think he’ll make the list though.

Especially if Luxon takes a shot at a leadership bid, though I imagine he’ll want to at least look like a normal MP for bit. Even with John Key’s blessing, it seems premature to jump to such a senior role, though I guess it didn’t stop Don Brash et al. God, this past year was such a shambles for National.

I hope not. Wasn’t displeased to see Alfred Ngaro missing out, on that note.

Hopefully the blow back from the Collins praying in church stunt has got the point across to them.

Coincidentally that was “my” church; I was christened & married (the first time) there. And my Dad’s funeral.

They reap what they sow.

PM is not mucking around.

Andrew Little new Minister of Health, with Dr Veral as an associate. So straight from not being an MP at all to being an associate minister. It’s a good move but pretty interesting.

Grant Robertson the deputy PM.

Kelvin Davis always felt like he’d be a liability as deputy.

Robertson is much more capable.

Remember to vote early and often

See you later Tamati Coffey you prick

Right, you guys did a thing.

Sounds like it did ok? Hope things are nice and boring for you there!

And Chloe’s officially the MP Auckland central! All in all, a great result. Sad that the referendum didn’t make it, but after the initial result that was to be expected. :(

Well he still gets in on the list.

Would he have been your electorate MP?

Really - stink. It would probably do him some good to have got a lesson in being humble.

It is a rule that there are a lot of backbench MPs that are just a waste of space. National got plenty last term (and got found out near election too). Now Labour will have some of those.

https://www.newsroom.co.nz/election-2020-special-votes-make-red-wave-redder

Officially over 50% in a MMP system. Astonishing.

Its a little jarring to see red being used for the ‘good guys.’

82% turnout. Impressive, and congratulations on having such a sane country.