2020 Quarterlies! Vote for Qt3's Best Game of 2020: "Ok, let's get down to it, boppers!"

1. Hades
    The rare “perfect” game to me. Every mechanic, art choice, story bit, and player challenge work together to create a harmony of combat and progression. I hit the credits around hour 40 and there’s still so much more I could be doing. Wonderful game from Supergiant at the top of their craft.
  2. Immortals Fenyx Rising
    Ubisoft gave us Watchdogs Legion and Assassin’s Creed Valhalla this year, both games that were just okay to me, so I didn’t hold much hope for Immortals. I’m only ten hours into it, and it’s already grabbed me in a way that neither of the other two games even came close to. Yes, it’s totally Ubisoft cribbing from Breath of the Wild, but BotW was Nintendo stealing from Ubisoft, so the circle is now complete.
  3. Animal Crossing: New Horizons
    It’s Animal Crossing. It’s nothing revolutionary, and in another year this wouldn’t even be in the top 50 for my picks, but 2020 was awful and AC:NH was the salve I needed. It’s so good that my wife finally buckled and asked for her own Switch and copy of the game to play.
  4. Doom Eternal
    More dance party demon killing, now with jumping puzzles that don’t suck.
  5. Spiritfarer
    It’s another entry that in a normal year probably would not have made the cut, but 2020 needed this gentle meditative piece on the afterlife and friendship.