2022 Game Frame Game - All Skill Levels Welcome!

Robinson Crusoe?

Hunchback?

Ara Fell?

Curious Expedition?

Jaleco’s Royal Conquest?

Deus Ex?

Apologies for the delay. Nope to those.

Owlboy?

Some Ishar game?

I was going to say Colorado earlier. There’s a Simarils vibe to the pixel art… Maybe it’s the bushes or the extremely tan UI. Or maybe I have French developers on the brain from the box art thread… But this looks like a fantasy RPG. So I’m going to look at a list of Simarils games and pick the most fantasy sounding one!

Ishar 3: The Seven Gates to Infinity!

ADDENDUM:

WHAT HOW

haha, we know our classical pixel artists XD

Hrm. I am somewhat conflicted. I can’t just say, “No, this isn’t an Ishar game,” because technically it is part of that series. But it was first, and doesn’t carry the name. The game is Crystals of Arborea.

@Left_Empty gets it, but I can’t argue with @Nightgaunt’s reasoning. And it appears if he hadn’t included that reasoning, he probably would have posted first. I’m a fan of hearing people’s thought process for their guesses. So in this case, if @Left_Empty doesn’t want to take the turn or is busy, @Nightgaunt should definitely take it.

Haha, amazing!

I agree-- @Left_Empty should go next, since they seemed to know the actual games. I just had vibes about the developer.

Did you play Crystals of Arborea back in the day, Kyosho? Is it worth playing?

Nah, got it on GOG a while back in their Ishar Compilation. I’ve been restoring an IBM PS/1 2121 recently (mostly proprietary PC from 1990) and redownloading GOG games that will run on it. Though, not through their launcher/DOSbox, obviously. It’s a short game and in some ways a bit basic, but it’s pretty and has a weird party system where you can split your people up on the map. Your main character is the only one that really matters (if he dies, game over). So it’s usually best to send other party members off to scout for locations. I think it is somewhat randomly generated (where locations end up being on the map). Worth trying, if you’re curious. Can be beaten in one sitting, if that sitting is a long-ish one.

@Left_Empty Poke! You’re up.

Woah, thanks for the poke, my mind had deleted the outcome!

Never heard of Crystals of Arborea, although it was probably named differently in France. It kept that true to style “characters must face forward” politics from Frecnh devs, and the convoluted interface buttons as well!

frame 1

What an inspiring snap!

frame 2

Final Fantasy VIII?

Nope.
Given it’s not well known, I’ll add it was released for free.

frame 3

How can you have a tractor on top of the sky? I guess the tractor must be part of the interface.

What kind of game has a tractor as part of the interface? Some kind of farming simulator maybe? I’m stumped.