2021 Game Frame Game - All Skill Levels Welcome!

No correct guesses so far, next frame:

Gateways? (That 2d portal game?)

Good spot @Pod! Not the prettiest game admittedly - graphics ‘functional’ at best - but apparently the 13th best puzzle game ever, according to RPS, and a solid 8/10 from Edge. I haven’t played much of it for some reason (I likely got distracted by something shinier, as per usual), but it had a memorable look about it:

as if portal wasn’t confusing enough.

Ha, exactly! This is the lead screenshot on Steam, and it’s something I would need to puzzle out with a pencil, paper and a good deal of coffee to have any chance of knowing what on earth was going on.

That screenshot gives the notion we understand what is going on, while we don’t really grasp it. This is how human errors are made, I think.

Edit: damn it, I think I want to try this now.

[quote=“wavey, post:1896, topic:150693, full:true”] I haven’t played much of it for some reason (I likely got distracted by something shinier, as per usual), but it had a memorable look about it:
[/quote]

I thought I’d played a lot of it before also being distracted by something newer and shinier.

But Steam says I played it for an hour.

I’ll get an image up soon!

Sorry, I thought this was the box art thread and so I could just leave it for months at a time ;)

aka I forgot

Slipways?

The Sims?

Planescape Torment?

Little Nightmares?

Raft?

Deus Ex?

Deus Ex was famous for its lido and beach balls ;)

Grim Fandango?

Uh, well I don’t know so guess I’ll have a wild stab at nothing. Lemme try…

Evil Genius

Invisible Inc?

These games have a very similar feel, so you’re not too far off! It’s one of the things that caught my eye about the game.