2021 Game Frame Game - All Skill Levels Welcome!

Tiny Forest Simulator ?

Anno 1808?

No such game. There’s Anno 1800 though… ;)

Oh yeah, haha, let’s pretend I wrote that.

The numbers after Anno always add up to 9. So that’s a good way to remember the year.

Yup. For those in doubt, the options go:

That’s chronological setting order, not release order (1800 is the newest).

The order of release is:

I can never keep the first two straight, since i didn’t discover the series until 1701. I’ve enjoyed all of them since then, except 2205 which I skipped for lack of an endless mode.

Neither can I! I checked Wikipedia. And my first Anno game was 1404 (which I knew as “Dawn of Discovery”).

I’m looking forward to Anno 9 and Anno 8001.

How did you memorize that shit :0

Or maybe you’re bluffing because it would take years to verify it!

Well, I knew the order starting with 1701, because I played all Anno games from 1404 forward (and I learned 1701 was the one right before 1404). I never played the first two though.

He is correct. :)

Some real good guesses in there. Alas, none of them are right yet.

Must be Emperor: Rise of the Middle Kingdom.

EDIT: or maybe not. I don’t remember rivers looking that good, but I’ll keep my guess. ;)

And you would be happy that you did stick with your original answer. Because it is indeed Emperor: Rise of the Middle Kingdom! And here is the full screenshot in all its glory.

Hah, look at that! Lovely game. It was Zeus and Emperor that sparked the love I have for city building games to this day.

I won’t be able to post until tomorrow, I think, but I should do so. If someone thinks that’s too long to wait, feel free to take my turn!

Great screen! Although worth noting it’s not a screenshot you could get from the original game…

Well not for most people at least. Depending on map size, the widescreen fix can get you pretty close to screencapping an entire city with a 4K display resolution. So, should theoretically be possible if you have an even higher display resolution on hand (like 8K) and fiddle around with getting it in as a supported resolution option.

Most of us plebs have to resort to stitching multiple screenshots together though.

Well also, I don’t think even with modern patches you can turn off the UI, can you?