2021 Game Frame Game - All Skill Levels Welcome!

Sorry guys, my home internet has been down all day and I have no way to get the frames to my phone or office to post them. Hopefully in the next few hours they will have this fiber cut resolved.

Update: Still down, but I managed to get another copy of the same image and re-do my edits having refreshed my memory at home, here is Frame 02!

Hmmmm, I know I’ve seen that somewhere…

Woah, I don’t think older games had that limited of a color palette, so this must be a modern retro game. (I mean, that combination of high resolution and low color palette, older games didn’t have that combination).

Y’ll are going to either think I’m very clever or be very upset with me, haha. It is a game mentioned on Qt3 before - in fact, that’s how I found it!

A lot of old Speccy games and hi-res C64 games were essentially monochromatic, or close to it.

I mean, that combination of high resolution and low color palette

Edit: Ah, I see what you mean.

The color palette and isometric (axonometric?) perspective remind me of Fairlight, though I don’t think it’s blocky enough to be that.

Populus DS?

HeroQuest?

Return of the Obra Dinn?

Minit?

I was thinking Populous 2, although that first bit…

@Scotch_Lufkin , moar maybe?

Yep busy day - posting here in a bit after work!

The Lion’s Song?

Click of Cthulhu

Nailed it!

It’s a really cool game - it’s probably my favorite Clicker game, partly because it’s fun but mostly because it can be completed in fairly short order and tells an little tale. Also, it’s free, so I urge anyone curious to check it out!

@nijimeijer You’re up.

Yup I see that! I enjoyed that clicker - as I enjoy many of the ones that have a clear story. I also think it’s a great choice for this thread. So many games posted (many by myself) are more classically distributed, despite the breadth of options for gaming these days.

I’ll get one up tomorrow when I’m back at a PC. No doubt it will not be as creative a choice as the last.

Okay, here goes -