2021 Quarterlies! Vote for Qt3’s Best Game of 2021: “All these worlds are yours. Except Europa. Attempt no landing there.”

1. Inscryption
    Worthy of the hype. Structured around a pretty solid card game, it throws enough game and story twists at you to keep you invested throughout its very reasonable length. Great to experience.

2. Shin Megami Tensei V
    Demon collecting and fusion in the ruins of a near future apocalyptic Tokyo. Tangle with gods, get condescended to by angels, hang out with demons. All told, a solid 1:1 recreation of the high school experience.

3. Old World
    This would likely be higher if I had started it earlier in the year (got into it after picking up GOTY Inscryption for a fiver on EGS during its winter sale). It’s chock full of nifty design choices that should revolutionize its genre, at least when it launches on a more popular gaming store. (Edit: tinkered with this some more that past week and am moving it up. Still haven’t got a full grasp of it and spent much more time with the games ranked above it.)

4. Mario Golf: Super Rush
    After the disaster that was Mario Tennis: Aces, here’s a competent Mario sports title that, sure, has flaws but does enough right that it became a favorite ‘chill and decompress’ game for me.

5. Wildermyth
    I played it more in EA in 2020 than in full release in 2021, but it’s a great little RPG with customizable campaign lengths and tons of other options to help you tailor the experience to your liking.