2021 Quarterlies! Vote for Qt3’s Best Game of 2021: “All these worlds are yours. Except Europa. Attempt no landing there.”

I had better vote before I forget.

1. Trials of Fire
    I hear the complaints about the brown landscape. To that I say, “yeah, man. I hear you.” But the really smart tactical combat, cool difficulty, excellent AI and neat deckbuilding offset this a lot. HIGHLY recommended.

2. Gloomhaven
    I hear the complaints about it being really hard at the beginning. To that I say, “G1T GuD.”

3. Old World
    This belongs on the list even though I haven’t given it as much time as it deserves.

4. Mundaun
    I kinda liked it.

5. Highfleet
    This is the best bad game I’ve ever played. Maybe I should just play a good SHMUP?

I don’t know that I played a lot of other 2021 games. I tried Steamworld Dig 2 and really like it, but that’s old. I tried Outriders and yecchhh. I tried Souls III and bounced off the first boss but maybe I’ll try again. I played a lot of Slay the Spire and am Ascension 20 on pretty much all the dudes. Guess I need to finish the cheevos. I just installed 12 is Better Than 6 and also BlazBlue Continuum Shift.