2022 Game Frame Game - All Skill Levels Welcome!

Excellent guess @wavey , it is indeed Lawn Mowing Simulator.

Is that the first garden in the game? If so, that’s the one I tried before deciding ultimately it wasn’t for me.

New frame!

Hovver Bovver in the wrong aspect ratio.

Hovver Bovver would have been a good choice! Wrong game, but correct pixelated substance.

E.T.?

Not E.T. I’m afraid.

Next:

Pitfall?

Nope, not Pitfall.

EA Sports FC 2023

I have a precise game from my childhood that i had totally forgotten that jumped back into my mind, but I’ll have a hard time recalling its name.

I hate that, the exquisite torment.

Ha! Correct genre of course, wrong franchise.

It looks like a tennis game of some kind.

Not tennis, next:

track and field

Microprose Soccer?

Indeed! Or, in the US, I believe it was called Keith Van Eron’s Pro Soccer. Written by Sensible Software for the C64, this was originally called Sensible Soccer during development, before being bought by Microprose who had different ideas about the name.

So sensible soccer was a different game?

Yep, Sensible Soccer was a different game by the same folks and released a few years later for the 16-bit platforms, but it was an evolution of this earlier game.

That’s funny - I was holding back not saying Irrational Football

HOW CAN YOU NOT KNOW THIS?

Can we ban you from the forum?!

Sensible Soccer is one of the best games ever made and I’ll fight anyone who says otherwise!* 90’s Sensible Software was the Motown of video games, it was an absolute hit factory.

I’ll get a new image up soon. Ironically a Sensible game is not far away on my list, I’ll have to bump it down a few notches and hope you all forget by the time I get to post that frame ;)

* I’m strictly talking about the original few 16-bit versions, rather than the crappy follow-ups, disappointing 360 port, or the even more disappointing Sociable Soccer.