2022 Game Frame Game - All Skill Levels Welcome!

Let’s try this, not sure what the appropriate number of clues are. Which game might it be:

Is that Glittermitten Grove?

Here’s the full Strange Horticulture screen, btw. I thought I would totally give it away with my second reveal, but Houngan was too perceptive!

Dang, your call was way more impressive than mine, Glittermitten Grove, a. k. a. Frog Fractions 2, is right!

Wooooooah. The little flowered branches suggested procedural growing trees and that was the only game I could think of that did that.

Not gonna lie… that was super impressive guessing.

Right? I tried hard to give almost nothing on the first frame, I even made sure to cut out the actual icon on the upper right. Anyway, I don’t know if this is also obligatory, over to you @Nightgaunt !

Also: Is there a full game that is like the first part of Glittermitten Grove? I quite enjoyed it in that it was like Terraria but so much more casual. Less clickey and fightey, more “Go my minions and explore this world and build these things.”

It’s a good question! I’ve wanted a side-scrolling city-builder for a long time, and I don’t know of many.

Might take me until tomorrow I pick a new screen. Patience!

Have you played Spiritfarer? It’s not exactly a side-scrolling city-builder, but it has side-scrolling and you can build stuff on your boat. ;)

Oh yeah, totally. It is a kind of platformer/builder, for sure. I suppose you could call out the Kingdom games, too. But neither is like Glittermitten Grove, which operates on a different scale and with a swarm of workers.

There’s always Craft the World.

That was the one I was trying to remember!

H’okay! Here’s a screen!

Hooooooow about now?

I feel like there are folks who can definitely pick out this game based on my last reveal, so I’m going to give this a little longer before posting screen 3.

Ooookay, here’s a little more!

Myst 3?

Thank you for the guess, but no!

SOMEone has to have played this stylish indie game that came out earlier this year! With lots of white architecture. And cards with guns on them…

Hey, it doesn’t need so many hints, you know.

It’s in my backlog, by the way. I will play it. Eventually.