2022 Game Frame Game - All Skill Levels Welcome!

Sorry guys, my home internet has been down all day and I have no way to get the frames to my phone or office to post them. Hopefully in the next few hours they will have this fiber cut resolved.

Update: Still down, but I managed to get another copy of the same image and re-do my edits having refreshed my memory at home, here is Frame 02!

Hmmmm, I know Iā€™ve seen that somewhereā€¦

Woah, I donā€™t think older games had that limited of a color palette, so this must be a modern retro game. (I mean, that combination of high resolution and low color palette, older games didnā€™t have that combination).

Yā€™ll are going to either think Iā€™m very clever or be very upset with me, haha. It is a game mentioned on Qt3 before - in fact, thatā€™s how I found it!

A lot of old Speccy games and hi-res C64 games were essentially monochromatic, or close to it.

I mean, that combination of high resolution and low color palette

Edit: Ah, I see what you mean.

The color palette and isometric (axonometric?) perspective remind me of Fairlight, though I donā€™t think itā€™s blocky enough to be that.

Populus DS?

HeroQuest?

Return of the Obra Dinn?

Minit?

I was thinking Populous 2, although that first bitā€¦

@Scotch_Lufkin , moar maybe?

Yep busy day - posting here in a bit after work!

The Lionā€™s Song?

Click of Cthulhu

Nailed it!

Itā€™s a really cool game - itā€™s probably my favorite Clicker game, partly because itā€™s fun but mostly because it can be completed in fairly short order and tells an little tale. Also, itā€™s free, so I urge anyone curious to check it out!

@nijimeijer Youā€™re up.

Yup I see that! I enjoyed that clicker - as I enjoy many of the ones that have a clear story. I also think itā€™s a great choice for this thread. So many games posted (many by myself) are more classically distributed, despite the breadth of options for gaming these days.

Iā€™ll get one up tomorrow when Iā€™m back at a PC. No doubt it will not be as creative a choice as the last.

Okay, here goes -