2022 Game Frame Game - All Skill Levels Welcome!

Spiritfarer?

Yes! It is indeed Spiritfarer.

I adored this game, much to my surprise. It was incredibly relaxing to play - especially when I realized that the game wasn’t really pushing me to do anything, I could take it at my own pace. The music was fantastic, and the characters were memorable. Every time I had to say good bye to someone I got a bit emotional. I loved the artwork, and the cat in the game is the best. When I finally wrapped everything up, I missed the game for several days.

Yeah, it’s a lovely game. I just wish the later characters would be as compelling as the early ones, but it seems the devs are adding characters to better balance that.

I’ll replay this eventually, once the devs add everything they want. It will be good to see Atul again, if only for a little while. ;)

Truth. I miss Atul. I loved his hugs.

His absence hits the hardest, too. For a lot of reasons that I won’t spoil here.

But yeah, this is a special game. I was describing some of its narrative choices and layers to my wife (who is a psychologist interested in working with palliative care, but who doesn’t play videogames) and I had some significant trouble holding the tears as I remembered things.

Great pick, anyway. Thanks for choosing it.

That’s a beautiful frame.

I really must get back to it - I played it for an hour or two when it arrived on Game Pass, but then either real life or another game intervened and I, er, drifted away.

New frame!

Proteus?

Kentucky Route Zero?

*hits stopwatch* …and at 7 minutes that might be a record for one of my screens! Very well spotted @rhamorim, Kentucky Route Zero it is.

Well, in my defense, that one has a very peculiar art style. I should probably play it someday. ;)

I’ll post something later today or early tomorrow, if that is fine for you all!

Yeah, too easy ¬_¬

Sorry for taking this long. I’ve been juggling so many things at once that I completely forgot it was my turn.

RIVE5

Borderlands 3?

Failing that, Tales from the Borderlands?

It’s not Borderlands 3 or Tales from the Borderlands, but I can see how the frame can cause that impression. I suppose I should post another frame to give a better view of those elements so no one will think it’s a Borderlands game!

What is that gif you enjoy? DubiousFuturama.gif

Am I allowed another guess after a new frame? Or is it one per game?

One per frame, so you can guess again! ;)