2022 Game Frame Game - All Skill Levels Welcome!

Lego Lord of the Rings?

I thought of LOTRO too, the shire festival.

Correct! Lego Lord of the Rings! @wavey you are up!

Nice. I had no idea there had been a Lego game. I guess there’s a Lego version of everything. I wasn’t a fan of them, but ever since they started adding Voice Acting (since Lego Undercover onward, I believe), they’ve been much better than the mime comedy of the silent Lego games.

I never enjoyed the gameplay of Lego games for some reason (they are just too busy, too much of a chore… too exhausting for the fingers) but I absolutely love the humour of Undercover, and it pains me that the game itself isn’t an enjoyable experience for me.

All that is fair of the Lego games - they have a lot of busywork, what you need to do next can be obscure (but never difficult), combat is unsatisfying - but thanks to the aesthetics, the co-op mode, and the way death is barely an inconvenience, they’re perfect to play with younger kids, which is how I ended up with 100+ hours in Lego Marvel Super Heroes.

Next up:

Impossible mission?

I never played them co op… If it halves the work for each player, it’s probably the way it’s meant to be played!

Ninja Five-O?

The Swindle?

Yup. Same here. Played it with my kid and got nearly 100%.

No correct guesses so far, next frame:

Gateways? (That 2d portal game?)

Good spot @Pod! Not the prettiest game admittedly - graphics ‘functional’ at best - but apparently the 13th best puzzle game ever, according to RPS, and a solid 8/10 from Edge. I haven’t played much of it for some reason (I likely got distracted by something shinier, as per usual), but it had a memorable look about it:

as if portal wasn’t confusing enough.

Ha, exactly! This is the lead screenshot on Steam, and it’s something I would need to puzzle out with a pencil, paper and a good deal of coffee to have any chance of knowing what on earth was going on.

That screenshot gives the notion we understand what is going on, while we don’t really grasp it. This is how human errors are made, I think.

Edit: damn it, I think I want to try this now.

[quote=“wavey, post:1896, topic:150693, full:true”] I haven’t played much of it for some reason (I likely got distracted by something shinier, as per usual), but it had a memorable look about it:
[/quote]

I thought I’d played a lot of it before also being distracted by something newer and shinier.

But Steam says I played it for an hour.

I’ll get an image up soon!

Sorry, I thought this was the box art thread and so I could just leave it for months at a time ;)

aka I forgot

Slipways?