2023 Video Game Frame Game - All Games and Frames Welcome!

F-15 Strike Eagle?

Not like I’m ever going to get any of these, but I don’t think this was a realistic sim like the ones Microprose or Spectrum HoloByte made, those would have had specific types of missiles rather than generic missiles and ammo.

I’m gonna guess what I thought it was, and that’d be Advanced Tactical Fighter.

Sundog??

What’s Sundog? (Am I doing this right?)

Next:

Gunship?

Not Gunship. I think this next one might give it away:

That was a Star Trek game, right? That’s a starbase, you drove around shooting klingons? Atari 8-bit era. Call it Star Trek I guess, cause I don’t remember an actual name?

Not a Star Trek game I’m afraid.

Last frame before the full reveal:

Oh, of course ! Tau Ceti.

It is!

full

(I was surprised @Rock8man didn’t swoop in, as he guessed Tau Ceti in the box art thread a couple of days ago, after I’d started posting these frames!)

The floor is yours, @Left_Empty !

I never played the game, but I distinctly remember to this day a (Frecnh) review I read as a kid. The game and its name stayed with me that way. Game reviews aren’t anodine !

Absolutely, I have many happy memories of poring over magazines (Zzap!64 in particular), reading and re-reading reviews, trying to decide what to spend my pocket money on. I’m sure there are many games that vividly exist in my mind, never played but purely constructed from those reviews.

@Left_Empty Poke. You’re up.

The color palette was quite different on the Amstrad, where I played it.

Beautiful game.

Ohh! I know this game, but can’t remember what it’s called.

Did you play Treasures of the Aegean, @Left_Empty? Like it??