2023 Video Game Frame Game - All Games and Frames Welcome!

Lords of Conquest?

I knew I wasn’t the only one who played this, and had a hunch that the symbols would have given it away too soon, but nicely done!

I spent many MANY hours playing this as a teen, having the game generate its own map, using light resources and high levels of luck and treating it like a game of Risk.

@Left_Empty Poke. You’re up.

I was waiting for this!

This shot doesn’t do justice to this incredible game:

Lords of Conquest, I only learned about and played last year, after it had been lauded around these places!

Great choice

More?

What genre could this be.

Rock8man is typing. He’s got it.

I knew it from the first frame but wanted to see how you would hide the nature of the game. I guess you won’t! Ha!

24 Hours of Le Mans

I knew you had it XD

Just played it a bit again after so many years two days ago. What an incredible game.
The feel of depth to the tracks is the best, till Microsoft’s new Flight Simulator.

I guess technically I should have said Test Drive Le Mans.

It amazes me how certain things are not televised in the U.S. but you still get to experience them through games like this. It does make me wonder though, how they televise it in other countries to keep it exciting? I remember vaguely watching the Dakar rally race on TV in Qatar as a kid, and it seemed so boring. I guess certain things are just better as games than on TV. Including the 24 hour Le Mans race, I bet.

I picked up the PS2 version of this in the $1 bargain bin at a local game store few years back. Never got around to trying it. I probably should.

The PS2 version sucks. As do all other versions but the Dreamcast one, which was done by Melbourne House and is a totally different game!

I only played the Dreamcast one.

That was a crazy time for ports. Instead of porting a game, a different studio would just create a completely different game, like what happened with Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 2, which was released in 2002 for all the platforms, but the PS2 version was done by Black Box and was apparently really good, and the PC/Xbox/GC versions were done by a different EA studio that wasn’t well reviewed and had very different gameplay.

We’ve been made obsolete

(It’s been going for almost a year, looking at the archives!)

There’s also a version for covers: https://www.gamedle.wtf/

7 posts were split to a new topic: Gamedle: like Wordle but with games instead of words

Such a great game (on such a great console), I played that one to death.

Hey, just because that exists, doesn’t mean we have to stop this! I like this little game of ours more. Though I’d support creating a new thread for Gamedle, as we have one for Framed and Wordle…

I applaud this idea. Maybe a friendly mod like @Telefrog would be kind enough to move the existing Gamedle posts to a new thread?

I guess that means I’m not off the hook to come up with a new frame! I shall do so.

@tomchick is really good at creating new threads. Tom, could you separate out the last few posts related to Guess the Game and Gamedle into a separate thread?

I’ll see if I can come up with a new frame tonight.

Edit: Thanks Tom!