2024 Presidential Election

Over the past year, Team Biden has been conducting war games, crafting complex legal strategies, and devoting extensive resources to prepare for, as one former senior Biden administration official puts it, “all-hell-breaks-loose” scenarios. The preparations include planning for a contingency in which Biden’s margin of victory is so razor-thin that Trump and the GOP launch a tidal wave of legal challenges and political maneuvers to rerun his 2020 election strategy: declare victory anyways, and try to will it into existence.

“President Biden has been worried, for a while now, that Donald Trump is going to try to steal the election, if it’s very close on Election Day,” says a source familiar with Biden’s thinking. “If that ends up being the case, we are… also expecting the Republican Party to go into overdrive to help him steal it. We are continuing to build out the infrastructure to ensure that doesn’t happen — again — if President Biden wins and Trump and MAGA Republicans try to confuse [everyone] and sow chaos.”

Nothing new, really. But it’s reassuring to know they’re taking it seriously.

lol, as if Trump isn’t going to try to steal the election even if it isn’t close!

I understood that reference.

Trumpworld doing their jobs.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4570808-nebraska-governor-calls-for-legislature-to-reinstate-winner-take-all-electoral-system/

Nebraska governor calls for legislature to reinstate ‘winner-take-all’ electoral system

Sorry, non-gift link. I don’t want to use up my freebies for the month too early. But I will post some choice infuriating quotes from his moron supporters.

Chris Inclan, an alcohol and drug counselor from Sonoma, Calif., voted for the Green Party candidate Jill Stein in 2016. In 2020, he backed Andrew Yang in the Democratic primary, and then cast a ballot for Donald Trump in the general election. Joe Biden, he said, was “so ingrained in the establishment and politics as usual,” while Trump “went against the grain on a lot of issues,” including wars and government regulation. But Inclan, a big bearded 39-year-old with tattoos on his hands, doesn’t want to have to make that choice again, which is why he’s now enthusiastically supporting Robert F. Kennedy Jr.

Matt Castro, a San Francisco bus driver at the rally, described himself as “extremely left-leaning,” but didn’t vote in the last election and said that, if Kennedy isn’t on the ballot, he’d probably vote for Trump in the next one, because of his opposition to military support for Ukraine. Alex Klett, a 33-year-old Kennedy volunteer from Wisconsin who was handing out American flags, described himself as a right-leaning independent who voted for Trump in 2016 and then, in 2020, wrote in Kanye West.

Shanahan came to Kennedy the way many desperate parents have. During the pandemic, her 18-month-old daughter was diagnosed, over Zoom, with autism, and she described how none of the interventions offered by experts helped. Another Silicon Valley mom with an autistic child urged her to listen to Kennedy, who has long asserted a false link between vaccines and autism. Though Shanahan was resistant at first — she knew about Kennedy’s reputation as a conspiracy theorist — she tuned into his podcast.
Around the same time, she got deep into the work of Jack Kruse, a neurosurgeon and self-described “biohacker” who emphasizes the importance of sunlight for good health. (Kennedy and Kruse appeared together on Rubin’s podcast last year.) Kruse, said Shanahan, awakened her to the idea that autism could be “related to the way that the brain was responding to some kind of outside influence” — like vaccines — “and how to heal the brain.”
She started her daughter, Echo, on a regimen that included lots of early morning light, swimming in a saltwater pool and music frequencies that send “a signal to brain cells that they can repair.” (“Morning sunlight in particular is like chicken soup for metabolic health,” she told Rubin.) At the same time, she worked to reduce Echo’s exposure to “nonnative light sources,” and cellular and Wi-Fi signals. These interventions, she said, have all helped her daughter. “When it works, maybe we need science to catch up,” she said.

So, lots of whackos on that team. But there’s whackos on both sides. Which side will donate more whackos?

None of those people seem to be Democrats or Biden voters, do they? There is a Stein / Trump voter, a non-voter / Trump voter, and a vaccinations —> autism person with no voting history mentioned. If these were the kinds of people who opted for Kennedy, I’d be relieved.

Hahahahahahahaha

I really don’t think it’s hard to figure out where RFK is going to find more gullible conspiracy minded voters. Spoiler: it’s from the other guy who has built his popularity and funded his campaigns on the backs of gullible conspiracy minded voters.

Here’s what’s wrong with this thinking:
The folks running the super PACs for RFK, and who are bankrolling his campaign, are all GOP operatives.

That means that they are going to be specifically targeting Democratic voters with their campaigning. That’s going to result in his campaign peeling away more potential Biden voters, I think.

I’m assuming in this instance, “alcohol and drig counselor” means someone who counsels with their drugs and alcohol.

It’s not natural that 330 million people have only effectively two political opinions - there seems like there’s just going to naturally be 1-5% of the population voting for a third party candidate in every election. There reasons… don’t have to make sense per se, might be wrapped up in ideosycratic thinking and off-piste comprehension of the circumstances around them… but that way of thinking is going to be there regardless. It’s only in this two party world that they have both absolutely no influence on anything whatsoever in most cases, and occasionally massive influence in the other (because of a tight election).

None of these people are Democrats or Republicans. They are chaos agents.

A vote from a chaos agent is just as valid as from a Normal.

Sure, but there’s no reason to believe there are more of these people in 2024 than there have been in previous elections.

I think this is true, and I hope it’s true, but I don’t really know that it’s true. I’m not freaking out about it.

No, and at least two of those three people mentioned are switching from Trump to RFK. Which is great!

And what @Timex said is a fair point, targeted advertisement could work to swing that back the other way. On the other hand, I kind of doubt the supposed GOP operatives running that campaign are going to be the best and brightest. If this is some great plot of theirs to ensure Biden loses(I suspect it’s more an opportunistic play) it could very well backfire and hurt Trump more.

Looks like “No Labels” has “No Candidate” and is going to give up looking for one.

I figured they would go ahead and run Lieberman. Sure, he’s old, but he won’t get any older.

Trying to think of a bigger political boondoggle than No Labels, and the best analog I’ve got is Kanye.

Is this a clever reference to the fact he’s dead?