2024 Presidential Election

the-simpsons-homer-simpson

And thus ends the no labels saga.

Now why didn’t No Labels think of that?! They could have run Kanye for President, Kanye could have launched a No Labels line of clothing, maybe there’s an album or a couple of singles in there too, and everyone makes money while posing pretty much zero threat to anyone politically.

I think the problem with No Labels, looking through its history, was that it really wasn’t partisan enough nor personality driven enough. It actually was started by some liberal people 20ish years ago. This recent cycle it looked like it was going to be highjacked by Manchin types. But the funding didn’t happen because no conservative billionaire donors saw any benefit from that sort of arrangement. It’s also clear with the debate they held that none of the candidates were taking it seriously.

Which, ironically, would have labels sewn into them…

I think the problem with No Labels is the same with all third parties, the presidential race is a trap. If you want to take off as a party you need to be running down ballot and target districts where you have a shot. For a centrist type thing like No Labels that would be purple districts where you could hope to pull pretty evenly from R and D voters. And I still like to think that 5-10 of those types of Representatives could help fix the log jam in congress by being votes from outside of your party without the current bipartisan stigma attached. Granted, that doesn’t fix the problems with the current House. You’d need the Speaker to not have such a tight grip on what gets brought to the floor too.

Hey remember when people were throwing The Rock around as a possible presidential nom?

“My goal is to bring this country together. I believe in that. There will be no endorsement. At this level of influence, I will keep my politics to myself. It is between me and the ballot box. But I will tell you this: Like a lot of us out there, not trusting of all politicians, I do trust the American people and whoever they vote for that is my president and who I will support 100 percent.”

“Today’s cancel culture, woke culture, division, etc — that really bugs me,” Johnson said. “In the spirit of that, you either succumb to that and be what other people want you to be, or you be yourself and be real … and that might make people upset and piss people off, and that’s okay.”

That’s something a swing group could negotiate.

And the only wrestler I’d trust as a presidential candidate right now ironically is called Hangman (Adam Page)- he’s a good guy who is pretty smart. He’s not eligible yet, gotta wait a couple more years.

Fuck this guy so hard.

RFK Jr. says both parties using Jan. 6 to ‘pour fuel on the fire’ of US divisions

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4577123-rfk-jr-january-6-capitol-insurrection-robert-f-kennedy-jr-joe-biden-donald-trump/

“The Nazis may have broken some rules, but isn’t it equally the fault of the people who made the rules saying they couldn’t overthrow the government? Really makes you think. I’m 14 and this is deep.”

I kind of like it. It sounds to me like he’s trying to pull away Trump voters and turn off Biden voters. So that’s good, right?

I wanna post this so bad but half my friends will cut me out of their lives.

For starters, I don’t believe there’s any meaningful sense in which what is happening in Gaza could be described as a genocide.

Disagree!

It’s just a little casual ethnic cleansing.

Who doesn’t want to be a little cleaner?

Yeah, that’s just pretending that the term means something different.

“That isn’t how genocides work,” when… he’s wrong is something.

I guess the only genocides are industrial ones. Turkey is off the hook! Soviet’s too!

Something something “sparkling warcrimes”

Pol Pot in hell, relieved that he’s finally been absolved.

So the rock’s a bootlicker now? Doesn’t want MAGAt anger to limit his appeal to broad demographics? Wouldn’t want to lose the opportunity to make more money.

He’s no Cena, it seems.