2024 Presidential Election

I don’t know how I feel about hoping that Trump doesn’t die or go to prison before 2024 because him being the Republican nominee is the only way I see Biden winning.

AGREED. The mindset Democrats have had as far as propping up the Trump crazies on the bet that they’ll lose is like nuclear brinkmanship. It’s mostly worked out for them (hooray), but my god, it’s crazy. The media gave Trump billions of free advertising in 2016 so they could point and laugh (and make bucketloads) and the comedy died pretty hard there. I hope for a heart attack, personally.

I’d vote for Pete over Harris, and I am one of those younger (well kinda) voters who despises Pete.

Pete might be semi-electable.

I’m largely an ideological voter in the primaries, but I draw a line at someone I consider unelectable in a general.

I see DeSantis as a direct threat to my life and liberty in a way few here can understand. I’d feel immediately safer if DeSantis was dead tomorrow. I’ll go with whoever is most electable vs that demon, and right now, that’s obviously Biden. (It helps that I like Biden, but that isn’t a requirement, I’d take anyone, even Trump, over DeSantis)

If Biden isn’t running, I’d take the next best thing, and that would be Roy Cooper if he ran.

Semi-electable sounds about right!

To use a Qt3 metric:

Over: John Kerry
Under: Kamala

A pretty narrow over-under, and not really meant to be flattering to any of the names listed.

I assume DeSantis is going after this guy: https://wapo.st/3uKlZjo

Wow. Fuck that guy.

I suspect DeathSantis is going after anyone who disagrees with the Surgeon General as that guy is in his pocket.

I feel like Democrats are going to be missing a huge opportunity if they do not turn that grand jury “investigating Covid-19” stuff around, and use it to investigate the disinformtion that people like DeSantis pushed.

I predict the big shocking revelation will be that we were PROMISED, PROMISED that we absolutely 100% would not get COVID if we got vaccinated, and it turns out that getting vaccinated only dramatically reduces your chance of getting COVID and then reduces the severity if you actually do get it.

It will be a five-alarm fire for weeks.

So DeSantis is asking the Supreme Court of Florida to empanel a “statewide grand jury” to investigate COVID vaccines. The article does not say which prosecuting attorney will be running the grand jury. That is a big deal b/c grand juries in the vast majority of cases produce results based on who is running them, b/c the attorney running the grand jury has a lot of control over what evidence gets presented to the grand juries. The AG of Florida is a Republican (and a DeSantis follower I believe) so if she is running it, then the grand jury is likely to produce the results DeSantis wants.

The Dems may not have any opportunity to present evidence to the grand jury.

Grand juries are a very useful investigative tool but they are also subject to being exploited by whoever runs them, and they are not a guaranteed two sided open investigative option. I don’t know Florida law so maybe some Dems would have the option to petition the Florida Supreme Court to have some ability to present evidence but to my understanding that’s not the normal process. Of course, petitioning a state Supreme Court for a statewide grand jury is not the normal process either so…

Funny I was promised that if I got Covid it was just a cold and it was impossible to get reinfected, so I should get infected quickly to help us get herd immunity. Nobody promised the horse paste would taste good even if it was chocolate flavored - can’t win ‘em all!

This is kind of where I am on DeSantis’ chances:

Come on, everybody knows that the grand jury process is the very best way to (checks notes) investigate the efficacy and side effect of vaccines. All the big pharmas do it, don’t they?

Uh, installing an American Orban is the plan for them. DeSantis is their guy.

Uh, I understand that about Republican primary voters. The tweet is about the problem of the rest of the electorate, who are going to find DeSantis spectacularly unappealing IMO.

"A strange no-eye-contact oddball,” Rick Wilson, a Republican media consultant, wrote on Resolute Square.

Don’t know if anyone read this one from a few weeks ago. The guy literally has no friends. Which actually matters in politics!

Ted Cruz would like a word.

I’m just worried the attacks on DeSantis Dems will use won’t work, or we get stuck with Harris due to Biden not being able to run and not giving enough notice for the party to primary her out, and DeSantis wins anyway.

I suspect Deathsantis is going to wait as late as possible to announce to reduce his exposure to sunlight, and hope Biden can’t run.

I do think right-wing news will bury Trump.

Biden is likely to announce that he’s running in January of February of 2023.

That’s either 11 or 12 months before the first set of primaries.

Yeah, the Ted & Ron bromance is their only hope to find a friend.