20th Century Fox in talks to sell most of company to Disney

You may be right. Disney may be ready to mix it all together. We’ll see.

I don’t see how it’s any more problematic than having the Punisher series in the Marvel Universe. I think the audience would enjoy Deadpool meets Tony Stark, but if at the end of the day Deadpool never shows up in main Marvel movies and stays in his own little bubble, it’ll be fine.

So, great move from the POV of a fan who’d enjoy more good Marvel movies. Great from the POV that now I never need to feel like the movie I’m watching is helping Murdoch fuck the planet. Not great from a “Is this a monopoly?” angle…

I hadn’t thought of this, and you’re right. Mix it all together and let customers sort it out! :)

In the Archie comics, even.

Oh. I forgot. This deal also gives Disney the Avatar license. I guess that makes the Avatar attraction more legit.

I saw some article saying Disney was unlikely to be interested in the TV side of things, which had me worried about the future of FX and their many excellent shows. They’d likely keep The Simpsons and other huge franchises around, but they probably don’t want to deal with the rest. That’s my main concern at the moment.

It’s really no different than the comics when it comes to where things land on the ratings scale. Marvel has had lines that were grittier and more adult alongside their more traditional fare for many years. I mean, when The Punisher got the limited series that put him back on the map, that was ultra violent for the time. I bought it even though it was outside a lot of the other lines I was reading then.

The X-Men, even in their own book, have always had a darker and meaner overarching story. You can have films with an ultra-violent Wolverine right alongside his turn as a hero next to Iron Man and Cap, too. Again, the books have done it all along. It’s all under “Disney” but the fans and even the average moviegoers see it as all under “Marvel”.

Also, does this mean they own the Whedonverse? Firefly? Buffy?

I can see anti-trust regulators taking a look at this, mostly due to the sports contracts. ABC/ESPN/FOX has some serious monopoly potential there.

How can this be anything but bad? Any argument along the lines of “X-men in the marvel universe!” could have happened in a deal relating to a single property.

Now Murdoch owns a small stake of Disney, and he has more time and resources to devote to Fox News and newspapers that are destroying countries like the US and Australia (hey, this is P&R so I can say things like this!).

The proportion of fun yet samey 7.5/10 action adventure franchise movies will increase from 90% to 95%.

Archer on FX is potentially in trouble?!

Disney, Apple, and Amazon are one step closer to a permanent oligopoly on the nature of the images and sounds that are absorbed by our brains every evening after work.

I do agree that him having more time to devote to ruining countries through the REAL Fake News is not a good thing. More importantly he has more money to do that now.

Warner has the Buffy rights, I think.

Isn’t Archer going away after season 10 anyway?

Ah… right. That ran on The WB. Firefly should be in there, though…

Oh crap. Disney now owns Aliens.

The Avengers need someone to fight after Thanos.

Yeah, I saw some jokey tweet about how if there’s an Alien queen, and she has female offspring, they would technically be Xenomorph Disney Princesses.

As if there’s further to dig than the last two movies. Aliens is and should be dead. Let’s all move on.

You think Disney/Fox is going to let that license fade away? LOL.

They should. Any sane businessperson can see that the Aliens franchise is not worth the opportunity cost. I love Aliens, but I hate bad Aliens movies. And unless you can get Cameron back, what’s the point. And Cameron is busy for a while with his next 4 Avatar movies.