3rd party gampads for Xbox 360, for FPSs

Amazon’s reviews of the new 360 controller’s d-pad seem to generally say, “Better but still bad.”

Well, I wouldn’t want to contradict the fountain of truth that is Amazon customer reviews, but it’s exponentially better than any of the other default D-pads of the generation. Damning with faint praise, but I can play Street Fighter with it, which puts it in the same league as the Saturn D-pad. It’s still not worth $65, though.

Heads up for those interested in the Razer Onza in North America: It’s in stock again. Order fast before it goes out of stock for another 2 months.

That’s the first I’ve heard of it. Is it any good?

I wish it were the same one for the ps3 =(

You’d have to judge it yourself. There are some great features on it like programmable shoulder buttons and adjustable tensions. The only disadvantage I see is that its wired but that’s not really a problem for me.

Here’s a pretty good review.

The back light and the improved D-pad make it worth my money. I just wish Razer would ship to Europe.

I’ve had one pre-ordered from amazon for a while now, hopefully it will actually ship to me sometime this month and I can let people know. On the other hand I only have the stock xbox controller for comparison, so maybe I can only have good things to say?

edit: Reading that review makes me pretty happy about my purchase. I don’t care about the audio jack, and I wanted a wired controller since they interface with the computer more easily. Otherwise it seems to be an all-around superior controller ^_^

Ooh, I think I’ll buy the “Dragon Age™ II Razer Onza Tournament Edition” controller for all my competitive Dragon Age II tournament needs!

Tested has a QL of the Razer Onza:

Looks nice, but I don’t like the placement of the Back button (which I use for spotting in Bad Company 2).

I remapped the two shoulder buttons to back and start. Spotting is a lot faster in BC2 once you get used to it.

Ah, that actually sounds great. I did end up getting the official silver controller though. Expensive, but good.

I got the razer onza yesterday. It is pretty damn good, the sticks and buttons feel great compared to my old wireless M$ controller. Imo the rubberized finish is a bit oversold. it does not feel much different from regular plastic.

Its a mite smaller and more carefully sculpted. I like the shape a lot. The adjustable tension in the sticks is also nice. The cable is built to last a thousand years.

If the finish were as good as advertized i would have been overjoyed with it. Now im just regular old happy :P

Bumping this thread for a bit of troubleshooting.

I’ve been using the Onza for a few months now and I’ve had some problems with it.

First off the D-pad is just as crappy as the one on the original Microsoft controller. My first problem is the up button on the D-pad getting stuck. It will happen at random times and the button looks like it’s normal but it’s being pressed by something. The only way to fix this is to turn the controller off and on which is fucking annoying considering its a wired controller.

2nd problem is sometimes the right trigger gets stuck. The trigger won’t bounce back and I have to manual ‘unpress’ it.

The last problem is the most annoying of all and it makes the games unplayable. The right analog stick gets a mind of its own and starts aiming in some random direction (mostly down). I haven’t found a way to fix this one yet.

I googled it and it seems a lot of people are having this problem. The only way to fix this is to ship it back to Razer. Video. Did anyone else here encounter these problems?