3x3: applause lines

We discuss our three favorite applause lines at the 1:11 mark of the Qt3 Movie Podcast of The Meyerowitz Stories (New and Selected).

Dingus
3.Midnight Run
2.The Avengers
1.Star Wars: Espisode VII - The Force Awakens

Tom Chick
3.Ali
2.Buffalo '66
1.LaLa Land

Kelly Wand
3.Fast Break
2.Back to the Future
1.Starcrash

What are your favorite applause lines in movies? Remember, you have to have actually heard applause other than yourself to pi–

Actually, it turns out you don’t have to have heard applause. You can just be thinking about applause maybe? Who can say? Listen to the show to hear us try to figure out what the topic means and to hear Kelly read some listener picks, including ones by @marquac that win the Internet for the night.

Send in your picks for the next topic to [email protected]

Raiders of the Lost Ark.

“I found him.”
“Where?”
“There!”

Star Trek IV.
“Tell her… I feel fine.”

The Terminator
“It’s on Pico.”
(This line got applause at the Hollywood Forever cemetery screening.)

“Hello there. You are listening to the Quarter to Three Movie Podcast for It Follows.”

I applauded this line.

Thanks, Chris. :)

-Tom

What if they applaud in the movie???

You guys have it real easy. I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn’t matter. You were born rich and you’re going to stay rich. But here’s my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can’t buy backbone. Don’t let them forget it. Thank you.

Well played.

Great choice, Woolen.

rushclap

How embarrassed am I that I did not even think of this one.

-xtien

“I just wanted to say that I strongly agree with your views concerning Rushmore.”

I feel this topic is biased against Brits. I’m not sure I’ve ever heard applause in a movie theatre.

Maybe there could be a separate thread of 3x3 lines that make the audience quietly mutter, “Good show, what what!”

Don’t be angry! I’m punching diagonally.

-xtien

Yeah, I don’t think I’ve ever heard applause in a movie theatre either!

I heard ‘Blair Wank Project more like!’ when the credits rolled.

Animated-GIFS-the-joker-1971583-400-233