Having been recently subjected to a truly awful example of a swimming pool scene, we got to thinking about how many great pool scenes there are in movies. Thus, this 3x3 about our favorite pool scenes, which discussion launches at the 1:37 mark of the Qt3 Movie Podcast of Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy.
3. Hesher: throwing junk into the pool
2. Burnt Offerings: father and son horseplay in the pool gets a little out of hand
1. Let the Right One In: enough said
3. Let the Right One In: enough said again
2. The Human Centipede (First Sequence): Dr. Laser's magical pool cover
1. They Came from Within aka Shivers: don't want to spoil it
3. The Descendants: dad gives his daughter bad news
2. Rushmore: Ronny and Donny's birthday party, Herman Blume, golf balls
1. Let the Right One In: seriously? real original guys
So what are your favorite swimming pool scenes? Hopefully you're smarter than we are and can think of something other than your favorite movie from 2008.