3x3: best things hit by speeding vehicles

We discuss our favorite things hit by speeding vehicles at the 1:18 mark of the Qt3 Movie Podcast of The Mummy.

Yes. We saw The Mummy…so you don’t have to!

Dingus
3. Speed
2. Sideways

1. Knight and Day

Tom Chick
3. Fried Green Tomatoes
2. Raw

1. Mad Max: Fury Road

Kelly Wand
3. Robocop
2. Speed 2: Cruise Control

1. Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi

What are your favorite things hit by speeding vehicles? Listen to the podcast to hear us go on about ours and debate whether a person is a thing. Also, hear Kelly read some funny listener emails.

Send in your picks for next week’s topic to [email protected]

Scary Movie.

Oh man, I really wanted to put a gif of Willem Dafoe as Green Goblin from the first Spider-Man, where he tries to skewer Spider-Man with his jet ski but Spider-Man leaps out of the way and impales Dafoe instead, but not before there’s a little pause in the action and a close-up where he just goes “oh.” But I can’t find that gif!

Beat me to it! That was the very first thing that came to mind when seeing this topic.

Oh my. And now I realize I forgot to bring up Margaret when we were talking about this topic.

-xtien

That’s the one!

Ooh, just thought of my number two: “No capes”.

Maximum Overdrive freaked my younger self out.

I can’t imagine being freaked out by Maximum Overdrive. It’s so dumb. Gloriously so.

At least Tom knows how 3x3s work. For anyone having trouble with their reader submissions for future episodes, here’s a template:

1. Fury Road
  2. Whatever
  3. Who cares

Also,

Robocop, as mentioned above.

“Hellllppp me… hellllppp me…”

Clarence’s guys all get serious comeuppance but especially Emil.

I forget. Are there any horns in Fury Road?

-xtien

Wait, Meet Joe Black is a comedy? Because Brad Pit spacing out in the middle of the road and then getting pinballed between two cars looks like something out of a Zucker brothers movie.

-Tom

Here’s my three, I’ve left Emil off my list as he’s been mentioned so much already!

1. Flash Gordon - Ming hit by War Rocket Ajax

“dispatch war rocket Ajax to bring back his body!”

2. The Terminator- hit by a truck and looking worse for wear!

“Get out!”

3. Royal Tenenbaums- Buckley (and I guess the house but I had that last time for favourite addresses)

“Buckleys under there”

Honourable mention: Aliens-when one of these guys gets hit by the APC things carry on getting worse!

“Ripley, go, go, go!”

I’m going to go with a “speed is relative” interpretation, and submit:

Kevin Klein being sqwooshed by a bulldozer wielding Michael Palin in “A Fish Called Wanda”, after the wet cement Klein is standing in hardens.
http://imgur.com/3duBkPs

Deadpool (eventually) running over the guy with the zamboni:

Charlize Theron’s character in “Prometheus” demonstrating why all that boring math stuff you learned in high school - particularly basic planar geometry as it relates to angles - really could come in handy later in life:

3x3: Best horns in Mad Max: Fury Road[quote=“tomchick, post:16, topic:130175”]
Wait, Meet Joe Black is a comedy?
[/quote]
Sadly, no. Or maybe. Actually I can’t remember. I saw that movie in the theater and the only two things I remember about it are Brad Pitt getting hit by cars and the movie being somewhere between 15 and 47 hours long. Maybe someone should vote for it in the next movie drive and you can tell me.

-xtien

-Oh my God! There’s a deer in the car! Jesus Chr–
-I know.