3x3: erections in movies

Is it or isn’t it?

“Hey Cowboy, is that a 10-gallon hat or you just enjoying the show?” – Blazing Saddles

Again I lament that this is for movies, as otherwise I’d say The Young Ones episode Nasty
“Neil, how are you keeping that flowerpot up?”

Summary

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/AxOzjeoCAAA6kf2.jpg

Still waiting to figure out what this is in regard to.

If tv was allowed, there’d only be one pick for me:

What was that film that the woman throws a hula necklace to a guy who is naked? You only see his top half in the shot but he misses the catch with his hands but the lady then tells him “good catch”. I think the man was Danny DeVito but I may be remembering wrong.

Alex.

Also, who can forget the glowing condom scene from Skin Deep.

It was put into the wrong thread and has been withdrawn. My apologies for not responding immediately.

Where is the erection in The Avengers? I must have missed that one. Or are we refering to the Ultimates Comic?

I was hoping it was going to turn into a joke :(

I don’t remember either, but if I had to guess I’d assume it was some subtle remark in the banter when Tony is so fascinated by Bruce.

“She said she did all the work!”

Clerks - After asking to use the bathroom about 1/3 of the way into Clerks, an old guy is discovered impersonating Dante for his old girlfriend, but is, in fact, dead, about 2/3 into the movie. This was probably the first boner that I ever saw in a movie, unless you count the one in 2001: A Space Odyssey.

Weekend at Bernie’s - In a similar vein, dead guy Bernie’s old flame has sex with his corpse while Jonathan Silverman and Anthony McCarthy chill out downstairs. The sex is barely interesting, but for some reason, the actresses’ line, “Gotta little Scotch?” after having her way with a rigor mortised bone stuck in my brain like a sliver.

Which was the right thread? :) I rarely hear folks talking about animated films round these parts. I also only watched Kubo the other day and loved it.

Here’s an instance of implied erection from Superbad:

And an earlier moment of general erection philosophy from the same:

There’s even a lady boner:

A fist is like a boner, huh?

It should have been in the Kong podcast thread. For no other reason that when Tom mentions that Kubo got some votes Kelly said it was done by the same folks who made Coraline. There wasn’t much discussion.

Well do we blame Discourse for this huge boner?

I just remembered this scene in Modern Problems where Chevy Chase makes a ballerina guy’s crotch explode. I don’t know that they specified it being his dong, but, in retrospect, it would make sense that it was not his erection exploding as I thought as a kid. I probably should have saved that for the next 3x3 of favorite scrotums.

Modern Problems. Hoo boy.

If memory serves, that’s the movie where Chevy Chase gives his girlfriend an orgasm while he’s in the kitchen making breakfast or something, and she’s in another room. I was a kid and I was totally confused by what was happening in the scene as the girlfriend writhes and thrashes about, making all these weird noises.

Another fun thing for my dad to explain. Ha ha on him.

I was reminded of that scene upon watching Watchmen later in life.

-xtien

Took me forever to remember what movie this scene was from, but Mel Brooks’ Silent Movie:

I’m so annoyed this one didn’t occur to me.

-xtien