3x3: eyeglasses

We discuss eyeglasses in movies at the 1:11 mark of the Qt3 Movie Podcast of Embrace of the Serpent.

Please note. Eyeglasses. Not sunglasses. We already did that topic.

Dingus
3. Spider-Man
2. Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan

1. Rushmore

Kelly Wand
3. Superman
2. The Godfather: Part II

1. The Conversation

Tom Chick
3. Straw Dogs
2. V/H/S

1. Sauna

What are your favorite eyeglasses in movies? Again…NOT. SUNGLASSES.

Listen to the show to hear us go on about our choices, and to hear Tom read some cool listener emails. Please send in your choices for the next topic to [email protected].

A Christmas Story - “You’ll shoot your eye out kid!”

They Live

Honestly. Did you really do that.

-xtien

I love that poster.

-xtien

Brick Top’s black rimmed coke-bottle glasses in Snatch. They should make anyone look dorky, but somehow, they make him look meaner. Like an evil, cockney Harry Caray.

I did, but it was with troll-y intent.

The Godfather, Part I

The dude in Tom’s #1 pick, Sauna, is ultra-cool looking. I loved that movie, too. You’re not the only one who saw it, Tom!

Sweet! 1595, bitches!

So cool to see that image, baren. It’s a shame that junk like The Wave – as Hollywood a dopey disaster movie as you’ll ever see – is the more widespread Scandinavian import when something truly creepy, gorgeous, and thought-provoking as Sauna disappears without a trace.

-Tom

I love this takedown of the poster for the Straw Dogs remake. It tells you everything you need to know about how bad the actual movie is.

Even my mom knows better than to reproduce digital images in sepia tone!

The mouth is all wrong. First of all, it’s, uh, open – an idle gape of equanimity. This is not the jaw-clenching visage of a man whose wife was just raped by the sepia-toned menace lurking in his spectacles.

Thanks, Rod Lurie!

-Tom