3x3: favorite elevator scenes

Captain America 2: The Winter Soldier - Stopping at like three floors so that 3-4 guys could get on the elevator at each floor so that at least have 10 guys to try to take down Cap was kinda awesome. Plus the line “Before we get started - does anybody wanna get off?”

Smokin’ Aces - The point-blank shootout between Ray Liotta and Nestor Carbonell. Great touch that “Acosta” keeps his face turned away from “Carruthers” the whole time. Seeing them both basically just empty their guns into each other from 5’ away always makes me cringe.

Mystery Men - And just to get a little creative with the topic and cite something that doesn’t actually take place in an elevator, but at least references one. Well, ok - technically it’s an elevator shaft, but the line always cracked me up so…

Mr. Furious: Seems there was a little controversy there regarding your father’s death.
The Bowler: Yes, the police said he fell down an elevator shaft… Onto some bullets.
The Blue Raja: You know, I’ve always suspected a bit of foul play there.
The Bowler: As have I.

I don’t think I will ever tire of watching that scene. I believe I used it for @Kelly_Wand’s topic about magnets. Great pick!

Also, I really like the way that Smokin’ Aces scene ends being lit just by muzzle flashes.

-xtien

“And we’re borrowing. Get your feet off the dash.”

X-Men Origins Elevator scene +a bit more.

It looked really cheesy and fake and cgi’d in to me. It actually took me out of the moment when watching the film.