3x3: favorite laughter in movies

Well, it was a killing joke.

Can’t find a clip. but I always thought the scene in Planes, Trains and Automobiles where they bond and get drunk had some infectous laughter.

But obviously the best laugh in movie history belonged to the great Burt Reynolds.

“Soothing, relaxing,… vibrating home.”

There’s a smaller one earlier, but that’s the main one.

-Tom

I offered to arrest myself for this one, but I think I managed to successfully defend it. It’s the laugh of a sociopath who has no empathy. It’s strictly mechanical. It actually sounds like a tiny bell ringing.

-Tom

Dreyfus doing his best Dreyfus.

And as I mentioned on the podcast, watch that whole scene for a two-and-a-half-minute single-shot masterclass in blocking.

-Tom

I don’t know how the fuck I forgot this, considering it’s one of my all time favorite movies:

doctorevilhahahahaha.jpg

Wow, this is one awesome sounding movie. I usually find horror too unsettling because of the dark endings, but I read the Wiki page for this one and it sounds interesting, particularly the ending.

Hot Fuzz has a laugh to kill for:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcZIw5cib5s

I hope this wasn’t mentioned in the runners up or the listener’s picks as i just remembered that i forgot to submit this when i heard the podcast:

I adore the scene during a literary festival in Wonder Boys, when bestselling author Quentin Morewood (Rip Torn) is giving an incredibly pompous and self congratulatory speech on the art of writing. As the smugness reaches its climax (“What is the bridge from the water’s edge of inspiration to the far shore of accomplishment?”), Tobey Maguire’s James Leer, who is high on both Whisky and Codein supplied by his professor and clearly not in full control of his reaction, unwittingly finds the perfect response: loud and silly laughter, which causes the entire audience to pause and turn his way.

While Micheal Douglas’ Grady Trip, who is sitting next to James is slightly embarrassed, you can also tell that he finds his chaotic student’s response quite appropriate.

Indeed it was not. I like this one. Totally forgot about it and you’ve made me want to watch this movie again, now.

-xtien

Amadeus.