3x3: favorite movie montages

We talk about our favorite movie montages at the 2:22 mark–yes you read that right–of the Qt3 Movie Podcast of the best of 2011.

Tom Chick
3. Requiem for a Dream: the heroin sequences
2. Jaws: building the shark cage

1. Sorcerer: putting together the trucks (Tangerine Dream): sweat, grease, fire, metal, rain

Kelly Wand
3. Wet Hot American Summer: where they visit the city
2. Cool as Ice: them wandering through these corridors of lumber

1. Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle: married to a bag of weed

Dingus
3. Funny People: Ira helping George while he’s sick
2. World’s Greatest Dad: Lance finds his son (Akron/Family: Don’t Be Afraid It’s Only Love)

1. Rushmore: you are forgiven (The Who: A Quick One, While He’s Away)

Now you all get in here. What are your favorite movie montages?

The Muppet Movie - Moving right along!
Rocky - The definition of movie montage
October Sky - Building the launch site & testing rockets

The montage scene in ‘Summer of Sam’ during which Adrien Brody plays guitar while The Who’s ‘Baba O’Riley’ is on the soundtrack and a bunch of other stuff happens. It’s mostly the music that I love about that sequence though.

Team America - “There’s Gonna Be A Montage”

Where’s the love for the “Raindrops Keep Falling on my Head” sequence from Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid?

Okay, so it stuck out like a sore thumb. So what?

I get a kick out of any movie that references it’s doing or about to do a montage for some reason. That 4th wall breaking always cracks me up.

Goodfellas, layla and a body count.

Up - Carl and Ellie’s life and marriage

Rules of Attraction link nsfw

Raiders of the Lost Ark: the Pan Am Flying Clipper flying across the map.
Toy Story 2: Jessie’s back-story, vocals by Sara McLachlan.
Grand Prix: 1966, directed by John Frankenheimer. The opening title sequence designed by Saul Bass showing the cars lining up on the starting grid.

The Naked Gun - I’m into something good

I knew I forgot something…

Hey look, a threesome w/Newman and Redford and Whatsherface is – oh wait.

1870s Bacharach still pwnz though.

Well, the best montages were the weekly A Team inventions. But I guess that’s TV, so – oh wait! A Team movie!

I love it when a plan comes together.

I do love Drebin and was gonna choose this but when I rewatched it, it didn’t hold up as well as I remembered, except for the mustard and the movie theater. The opening credits rule, but then I gotta listen to Tom and Dingus upbraid me for mixing credit sequences with montages…Actually, them upbraiding me might make a cool montage…

Just replace my whole dumbass list with this.

Up, poignant enough I have trouble coming up with anything even in the same league.

No way, Kelly. The Wet Hot America Summer one is easily the best. It invalidates everything else in this thread.

Ah, I’ve got a good one: Black Dynamite, the first date montage.

H.

Yeah, I agree. The one in Team America is probably the best, but there’s a good one of these in The Muppets too.