3x3: HUDs in movies

We discuss our favorite Heads-Up Displays in movies at the 1:40 mark of the Qt3 Movie Podcast of Blade Runner 2049

Kelly Wand
3.Terminator Salvation
2.Aliens
1.Episode 4

Dingus
3.Star Trek: Into Darkness
2.Predator
1.RoboCop (2014)

Tom Chick
3.Predator
2.Dunkirk
1.Kill Command

What are your favorite HUDs in movies? Listen to the show to hear us go on about ours, and to hear us debate what is and isn’t a Heads-Up Display. Also, hear Dingus read a bunch of listener picks while Tom loses his voice!

Send in your choices for the next topic to [email protected]

There’s a Robocop 2014? Why was I not told about this?

Also, excellent choices picking Predator.

I also love the choice of Dunkirk, although that’s an interesting interpretation of Heads Up Display.

My favorite is the Iron Man HUD in so many MCU movies. But of course, the first movie it appears on is the original Iron Man.

Don’t make me come over there.

-xtien

Yeah, I’m still not sure I get it. The good thing is that it inspires me to watch that movie again. Dang. There’s too many movies I want to see again.

-xtien

“I’m fairly confident it’s just the gauge.”

Kelly’s winning the Griffin Dunne exists battle, yet Tom eschews any tactical support. Bold.

I also watched Firefox for this topic, and am glad I did. Holds up.

I’m not sure if a spaceship console/dash counts as a HUD, but I like the weird text readout that R2D2 puts out on Luke’s X-Wing console. The mysterious Star Wars alphabet!

No Last Starfighter?! You animals!

T1:

5183686961_035d1e01f2_z

I’m sure it doesn’t. Or we all would have chosen…

…and probably from more than one movie.

-xtien

“We’re in the pipe: five by five.”

1. Just post a screenshot from the thing you would have chosen, Brian!

2. I can’t believe you’ve gone to Upset Level Panda over something that isn’t Serenity or “Supernatural”.

-xtien

“Dear Buddha, please bring me a pony and a plastic rocket.”

Gah, fine.

And you never really saw much of the HUD on Serenity.

@marquac: What I said in the gif thread.

-xtien

Thank you, Brian!

starfighter

-xtien

The Blue Thunder HUD graphics looked like something out of an Intellivision game, but I loved them anyways.