3x3: Least convincing movie couples

How long did it take her to realize you were talking about the movie?

Sometime after she put the frog back in the aquarium, I think.

You mean Scoop.

But yeah, I don’t understand this objection either, as even in Scoop they weren’t a “couple”. She had the hots for Hugh Jackman in that, and Woody Allen just kind of played a mentor figure. I thought Johansson was fine in all the Woody Allen movies, and often did have chemistry with her male opposite.

I think I also invoked the name of the Lord when my wife brought it home for our daughter. Hmm…that could be a topic: top 3 worst movies your significant other has brought home.

Inert is the perfect word.

I saw it in the cinema…

I don’t know about angry, but her ‘lose this fight to prove your love’ nonsense isn’t indicative of someone with whom I could see the Heath Ledger character building a lasting relationship. Then again, my girlfriend is always all ‘clean the litter box to prove your love’ and I guess that works. At least I’m not being asked to lose to the black knight or something.

Also, Bill, shame on you for defaming the good name of A Knight’s Tale. It’s an underrated classic!David Manning said so!

Shia LaBeouf and Megan Fox in Transformers 1-27.

I used it twice. Big deal.

As for angry, perhaps not the best choice of word. But she yells at the priests. And she’s mean to ledger (with a flimsy excuse for why). And she seems bitter at the world.

Just saw a very unconvincing family unit in a movie called Just Cause (1996) starring Sean Connery, Kate Capshaw and a little 10 year old Scarlett Johansson. The movie itself was pretty bad all around, but this was one of the least believable families I’ve seen in a while. Maybe the age gaps had something to do with it (65, early 40’s, and 10), but they had zero chemistry.

Yes. I did. Thank you.

It’s been mentioned several times, but I don’t think I’ve -ever- seen such an unconvincing couple as Hayden Christianson and Natalie Portman in the Star Wars prequels. Not that there were many good scenes in any of those movies, but their “romantic” scenes were easily the worst - zero chemistry, incredibly wooden acting, terrible dialogue and, oh yeah, kind of creepy considering Anakin’s a little boy in the first movie and Padme’s still Natalie Portman.

That pretty much the entire dramatic arc revolves around said relationship and is thus utterly ruined is the icing on the shit cake.

They were on screen together a lot. That means ‘couple’ to me. Hugh Jackman was a secondary role. Also, because I grew up on iconic Allen/Keaton movies, it just reminded me how much I missed the 70’s and that classic pairing. It’s obvious that he’s smitten with SJ, and has employed her about 3 times too many. As a comic foil, she isn’t fit to iron Keaton’s old ties.

Mila kunis and Denzel?

Travolta and Joan Allen in face off?

Yeah, unsure why this isn’t on any of the lists.

Probably because the Anakin/Amadala connection is so utterly incidental to the various reasons the Star Wars prequels are bad, and on so many levels. Seriously, I don’t understand why those things are on anyone’s radar. Hack director cashes in on nostalgia with incompetent but commercially successful film series/merchandising tie-in. Film at 11!

If you want to talk about movies, there are so many more interesting things to talk about than the Star Wars prequels.

-Tom

The relationship is the centrepiece of Episode 2 and is also possibly the worst on-screen romance ever. It just happens to be in a terrible movie ever.

Perhaps a disclaimer “Least convincing movie romances which are interesting to discuss”? :P

How far are we going with this? Cuz, you know, I’d like to nominate all 3 parts of The Human Centipede. There! I did it.

What’s really creepy is a co-worker went on a date with a girl to see this movie, and she had already seen it 3 times. She said it was the funniest comedy of the year. I thought it was a great movie, if you really need some reason to vomit repeatedly into your lap. I wouldn’t date her.