3x3: movies that live up to their titles

Yeah. We didn’t know what to do with this either. This does not stop us from discussing movies that live up to their titles at the 45-minute mark of the Qt3 Movie Podcast of The Handmaiden.

Dingus
3. There Will Be Blood
2. The Lives of Others

1. The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford

Tom Chick
3. D.O.A.
2. [REC]

1. Everybody Wants Some!!

Kelly Wand
3. Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back
2. A History of Violence

1. Jaws

What are three movies you think live up to their titles? More importantly, how would you have handled the topic had it been lobbed at you? Listen to the show to hear us talk about our choices, and to hear Kelly read some listener picks.

Send in your choices for next week’s topic to [email protected]

Also…see The Handmaiden when you can. Discussion thread here.

The Incredibly Strange Creatures Who Stopped Living and Became Mixed-Up Zombies

3 Animal House

2 Cars

1 Strange Brew

Tony

Mutiny on the Bounty

High Noon

Zombies vs. Cockneys

I love this pick.

-xtien

Thanks, Dingus. Certainly captures what the movie is about, doesn’t it. I love this movie because it’s the essence of the western: The duel in the sun at the stroke of high noon; the single-combat hero taking a stand against evil. And it’s got Grace Kelly.

Look Who’s Talking Too

Big Trouble in Little China

Snakes on a Plane

Edit: Oh, and The Terror of Tiny Town, which is kind of underrated for that kind of Poverty Row western. The hero was brave and handsome, the heroine was plucky and winsome, the villain was dastardly and wore a black hat. It threaded the needle between being exploitative and providing representation for an underrepresented minority.

My Dinner with Andre