3x3: restroom scenes that aren't gross

I am not going to click on that, because I remember that scene just fine, thankyouverymuch.

Great call on Full Metal Jacket, Mr. K-Dog!

-Tom

Yeah, I agree on Full Metal Jacket. I just gasped when I read that. Hadn’t even considered it.

Also, good on that Die Hard scene. The way he drags himself in there, his feet full of shards of glass. I could do without the shot-a-kid monologue, personally (“He had a ray gun…looked real enough” always makes me flinch) but I love this as an example of the restroom as a place to regroup, a sort of sanctuary, as Tom mentioned when he stole my #1. Creep.

-xtien

“Benefits of a classical education.”

I just filmed a restroom scene for my short in the 48 hour film project. But it was pretty gross because I had my wife get thrown onto the floor.

She wasn’t very happy.

Paging Kelly Wand. I think we have a “rowr” situation here.

-xtien

I guess in these situations ‘gross’ is in the eye of the beholder, but what happened in the bathroom scene in Full Metal Jacket was pretty damn gross to me.

“Gross” was just Tom being sloppy. You know, instead of effective.

He meant “poop”.*

-xtien

*Or “poo” as he puts it.

Ha, yes, gross in the scatalogical sense. Objection withdrawn.

You’re limp-wristing it again.

The “gross” thing was to head-off Kelly Wand, who would have given us all sorts of stuff from, I dunno, Porky’s and other such fare.

-Tom

Huh? What’s gross about rim-jobs?

Ha, ha. You guys know each other pretty well!

I know. Huh guys.

-xtien

1941. Slim Pickens is taken captive on a Japanese submarine and jams his boots into a toilet as a ruse to escape.

Fast Times at Ridgemont High.
I forget the dialogue and principal characters involved, but it takes place in the high school bathroom and somebody spray-painted BIG HAIRY PUSSY on the mirror. I love my dad because he took me to R-rated films such as this as a kid and I was exposed to all manners of culture!

I Am Legend. Will Smith’s character is shown meticulously locking up his home at duck, culminating in him climbing into his bathtub with his rifle and dog to presumably sleep with one eye open.

Heh. This makes me think of The Abyss. Ed Harris throwing his wedding ring in the toilet. Then changing his mind and reaching down there to get it.

Nice.

-xtien

“It’s not easy being a cast-iron bitch.”

Unfaithful
(Diane Lane and Richard Gere).
A wonderful sex scene in a public restroom.
Otherwise an utterly forgettable movie.

Man, K-dog scooped us all on Full Metal Jacket

There are surely one or two others that are right on the edge of my recollection, but for the moment I’ll just offer Martin Ferrero’s ineffectual attempt to hide from the T-Rex in Jurassic Park.

I liked the part in The Godfather where Michael is looking for the hidden gun behind the tank of the water closet in the Italian restaurant. He’s made his decision to follow in his father’s footsteps and renounce all the good he’s done in his life. But until he actually acts on that decision and murders somebody, he could go back to his old life. And he can’t find the pistol right away, so he’s going to fail, maybe all his bright planning will be for nothing.

It’s a great scene. The only thing that would make it better is if they had Elliot Smith’s “Needle in the Hay” playing in the background. “I’m going to shoot a police captain tomorrow.”

& the ring saves his life later. (Thoughtful of her to get him a ring made out of adamantium, btw. Huh guys.)

Robocop.

Goonies
Kalifornia

The Pursuit of Happyness.