3x3: wheels of decisions

'You know how in movies, where they uh…decide something by spinning a wheel? And it turns into something–a decision? So it’s Three Best Wheels of Decisions. In Movies."

We discuss our three best wheels of decisions in movies at the 1:11 mark of the Qt3 Movie Podcast of Independence Day: Resurgence.

Tom Chick
3. Maximum Overdrive
2. Herbie Goes Bananas

1. Heat Vision and Jack

Dingus
3. Meek’s Cutoff
2. Drive

1. Locke

Kelly Wand
3. Scott Pilgrim vs. the World
2. Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome

1. Zapped!

Give us your spin on what in the world wheels of decisions in movies means. Please! Listen to the show to hear Kelly Wand read some listener picks, and roll out his Jeff Goldblum voice. Which is totally worth the price of admission.

Send in your ideas for the next topic to [email protected].

In Toy Story 3 the toys at the daycare use a wheel with animal sounds to decide who wins the pot in a game of chance.

Would Mel Brooks King Louis from History of the World Pt 1 count?

Hump, death, hump, death…

Or maybe the wheel of the Spanish Inquisition?

“Let’s see what’s in the box… Nothing! Absolutely nothing! Stupid! You’re so stupid!”

Of course, @McGuy! That one is great! I feel so dumb for not thinking of it. For while I did not care for that movie, and most sadly so, I totally know what you’re talking about, because I remember that toy. It’s the The Farmer Says toy I think. It was a really creepy choice in the movie and perfect for this list.

Well done.

-xtien

“It’s Emily all over again.”

Does The Deer Hunter count? It’s not exactly a wheel, but the “wheel” enforces the decision quickly and thoroughly.

Well, we have a listener named Chris (last initial W) who sent in that very pick. Said listener admits to never actually seeing the movie, however. The primary argument that this is the number one pick being, simply, “Suck it, Wand!”

A discussion about this then ensues on the show, because I had an idea I was toying with along these lines as well (for a different movie). I’m not sure how Kelly Wand ruled, now that I think about it. And I cannot @ him to try to lure him into this discussion because, really, do you think he updated his email address before the update?

So others will have to decide for this pick. But I assure you, @TranquilityBase, we did talk about it.

-xtien

“It’s a good beer. It’s the best around.”