4400 Seaon Four!

Season Four is set to debut this Sunday the 16th, set your TiVos!

I am looking forward to:

New powers popping up.
Hundreds of thousands / millions getting promicin.
Finding out what the hell happened to Alana this time.
Seeing if Isabelle becomes a background character, dies, or becomes prominent in some other way. Maybe more shots of promicin will bring her abilities back? Who knows!

Wow, its been so long since Season 3 ended. I can’t remember what happened at the end of last season. Is there anywhere I can go for a nice summary?

Last year, USA had a catch up day/week, so maybe they’re doing this now?

Thanks for the PM with the summary Euri. :)

Pretty good start. Now we know where Alana went, what Jordans power is, and how fucked up things can potentially get.

I really like the fact that this show has started showing global consequences of people with powers. Last season, with that one scene with crops growing in an African desert, and this episode’s use of lots of extras in that school worshiping this kid, the show really is starting to do a great job of showing the big picture with a small budget. This is a great show. It’s not perfect, but overall I still think its a better superhero show than Heroes. But Heroes is catching up, that show got a lot better near the end of the season (even if the season finale stumbled a little).

Latest episode was definitely very strong. Richard has full control of his powers, and now Isabelle is effectively gone. I am wondering if the actress who played her wanted out, or there is something different going on and this de-aging is important. The very last scene of the episode was very touching, and was kind of a nice sense of closure for her part of the story. She finally gets a second chance to be a normal human being.

The part where Richard calmly explains that he knocked Isabelle out by “stopping the flow of blood to her brain” made me do a double take. This guy handles telekenesis better then Syler.

I really love the 4400 even though it obviously lacks the budget of the bigger network shows. It dares to take things into really crazy terretory with lots of grey areas. I love the power struggles between Collier, INTAC, and healer boy. Every season they’ve been kicking it up a notch from the 4400, to the 4400 cult, to the 4400 army.

Yeah I really think the show has come into it’s own this year finally, and gotten away from the miniseries feeling that it was originally. Of course, I think some of the reason I like it has to do with the fact that the Exec Producer was the same person who did Deep Space 9, which was my favorite of the Star Treks, with the same kind of grey area type stuff.

There’s a character in J. Michael Straczynski’s Rising Star - Wikipedia comic series, which is pretty much a template for both 4400 and Heroes, that does the same thing, except she doesn’t have the same power - she can only muster enough pressure to pinch arteries, and becomes a government assassin as a result.

This was a very good season finale. Higher quality than I usually expect from the show, with some real changes and consequences for next season.

That was quite a season finale last night.

SPOILER ALERT:

Let’s just kill off half of Seattle (yeah, I know, 9000 so far etc.etc.), along with a fair number of both integral and occasional characters too. I have to give the writers on this show credit for not pulling punches–sure, we knew Tom was going to survive, but beyond him and Diane, I never figure that any other character is completely safe.

I also can’t imagine where they are going to go now–can they really write a story where the federal government allows a rogue organization to run a major American metropolitan area? I hope they haven’t written themselves into a corner. I also feel like the next season will have to be the last–things have just gotten too big to continue without a huge jump like moving the entire story into the future, and I don’t see them having the budget for that.

I really like this show… on a macro level. The overall scope is impressive. They’ve got the balls to make big changes in their world. Over time their Earth is less and less like ours. But on the micro level of individual actors speaking specific lines of dialog back and forth… really kinda poor. Nice closing sequence on this particular episode though.

I liked the finale also but it really seemed rushed, like they put half a season of content into a few episodes … I would have liked to have seen more of this stuff expanded upon and less of the “new ability of the week.”

I was kinda worried that this was a series finale rather than just a season. I went and looked up just to make sure it wasn’t canceled. It’ll be interesting to see where they go next.

The 4400 have always had kickass season finalles and this one is no different. I’m with Quaro in that I love how drastic the writers change our world to follow their crazy plot. I also love how each season has always ended with a major step up in scale. I think they should have just taken that virus global instead of only one city though. :) Is a next season confirmed yet?

I hope so!

I am wondering if they will try to bring Isabelle back again. She’s been a major plot point in every season finale so far! I am kind of annoyed that Diana did not get her time freeze ability. I felt that was a bit cheap.

Cancelled!

http://community.tvguide.com/blog/TVGuide-Editors-Blog/Ausiello-Report/700000049

DAMMIT. Jordan was given Seattle, and powers were everywhere and …

Crap.

Fuck USA in the pooper. No lube. Fuckers.

WTF LAME. What else does USA have worth watching? Nothing else, that’s what.

With the networks being dicks about the writers’ strike and their continued inability to nurture good shows, I’m just about ready to give up TV altogether. I did it before. I think, after this season of The Wire is over, I’m done.

USA still has Psych, which is double-plus-super-good.