4400 Season Three

Great season opener. Definitely kicks things up a notch with each of the factions that are appearing. There’s obviously an X-men vibe going on but it has that question of “purpose” which twists things up a bit. What’s the real point of these new superhumans? Is the protection of humanity the real desired result? Can we trust the 4400? Is it me or did that ntac chick get really hot?

Ending was a bit sad though. I thought the same about the xmen vibe. What do you think about the comment about Collier from the chief of staff lobbiest guy?

What happened to the hot blonde chick? She wanted more money or something, so they aged her 50 years and killed her off? It clearly wasn’t the same actress, no age makeup is that good.

Decent show. Not great, not really very good, but I watch anyway. It’s the summer, after all.

Yea that guy will definitely be pivotal this season. Even last season he just kind of appeared and was highly suspect but this time it’s obvious he’s hiding something big. I’m guessing he’s from the future in order to keep their master plan going well?

What happened to the hot blonde chick? She wanted more money or something, so they aged her 50 years and killed her off? It clearly wasn’t the same actress, no age makeup is that good.

I’m sad to see the blonde go but at least they traded her for the hot black chick. I kept doubting about if it was her in makeup or someone else while watching. It was either a great makeup job or a great actress portraying the younger girl. Maybe it was her mother.

I almost cried when Lillie died, she was an excellent character. I am wondering why Isabelle didn’t really do much other than survive a fall, as she obviously had incredible powers as an infant. I hope these manifest, as she should be the binding force between all of the 4400. They are all one trick ponies, except her.

Isabelle is our Jean Grey.

Lilly was played pay the actress that was in The Birds, o so many years ago. Can’t remember her name atm. I looked it up after I’d watched it. Tippy Hedren? Is that it? Anyway, she was a good match for the younger actress… during the show I was wondering if it was the younger one with prosthetics. But no, it’s an older lady that’s had a lot of work done.
And Tippy Hedren is actually 75, I believe.

I can’t believe they pulled the “body duplicates held up at gunpoint” bit.

Lame, lame, LAME.

Collier needs to get his ass on the show and fast!

Much better episode then the last one. Can’t wait for the next!

Need I say…
SPOILER
?

Just as things were fading out of Maia’s room, the comcast DVR ended the recording. D’OH. So I guess the mom -did- forget M., because she never met M., right? I didn’t like the time travel. Since they grabbed M. from the present, she should still be remembered, just missing. To erase her presence she would’ve needed to be abducted -before-, or soon after, she reappeared at the blue orb event. oh well.
I actually hate time travel plots… I used to love them, but now they give me flashbacks to STNG.

Well I don’t think it is as simple as that. I don’t think the abduction is what erased the memory of Maia, it’s got to be some power from the future that is actively doing it. Otherwise as you said it wouldn’t make sense.

I don’t think it’s a standard time travel plot but I am nervious in how they handle it. (Look out reset button!)

What happened after Maia’s stuff started fading from the room? Was that it?

Um… yea pretty much IIRC. There was more in the preview for next week’s ep but don’t know if you want that information.

All of 4400 is a time travel plot!

I liked that it was a “Pick 'em up, Drop 'em off, and let 'em do their thing” main theme of the series. It gave a lot of questions for what was trying to be prevented and how exactly are these people supposed to stop it. This “going back because it’s not working” is a little wonky but we’ll see.

Um… I don’t know what made Tom think he could do what he did… but at least there was no reset button. :)

It was also interesting to see that, regardless of the events in the past, the future was always the exact same with the same people, as if they existed outside the actual timeline and were studying it from somewhere else. Although that would mean that they never were a part of “our” timeline since nothing affected them, but why are they then saying that “No, the disaster is still coming” – so they are also able to see into the future?

All this movie-timeline system is to hard to understand. :-)

Tom killed himself and died, but we did not see that, so instead we fast forward to him being picked up by the timesplitters. They probably had him registered as dying in one timeline, then quickly organized a rescue so what we saw was the “Fixed” timeline, although for us it was the same event.

“The fight for the future will be fought in the past… Next Week.”

Season finale next Sunday! Looks like it’s ramping up pretty hardcore. Glad Jordan is back. He brings this great sense of trust and mistrust at the same time. :)

Hm, series is becoming a tad predictable. I hope they do something crazy to even the score. Also getting tired of Isabelle and her glassy eyed insanity.

I’ve missed Season Three so far, but it looks like they’re running a marathon this Sunday. Anyone know if it’s the entire season, or just a select bunch?