48 Hour Film Project

Has anybody done this before?

I just went through it this past weekend. I cannot believe how awesome an experience it was. So much fun.

I had a ton of incredibly talented people on my team and it was amazing just how positive and collaborative an experience it was.

If any of you are interested in independent filmmaking, I highly suggest you give it a go.

Link plz! We want to see what you did!

-Tom

I have no idea what you’re talking about but the idea is intriguing. Could you explain what this is all about?

It’s awesome.

Basically, you have to write, film, and edit a short film in 48 hours.

Friday night at 7pm we had the kickoff. At that time, I drew my team’s genre from a hat. We selected Suspense/Thriller. Then they announced the required elements that had to be in the film:

Prop: Keys
Character: David Landeryou - School Principal
Line of dialogue: “Let me know what you think.”

These all had to be in your film. The movie had to be between 4-7 minutes long.

So I wrote the script Friday night. We then filmed it Saturday with a cast and crew of 19 of the most talented people I’ve ever worked with. At about 7pm Saturday we started editing. We put together the rough cut that night and then on Sunday we completed editing and sound mixing and turned in our finished film at 6:30pm on Sunday.

I got NO sleep, but it was so worth it. So much fun! And it premieres on Friday night on the big screen along with the other teams’ films at a great theatre in Atlanta. There are awards for Best Film, Best Actor, Best Script, etc.

I was the team lead, writer, director, and an actor in it, but I had so much help from such amazing people. It was the most collaborative thing I’ve ever been a part of. One of the best experiences of my life.

I will post the film once I put it on Vimeo or YouTube, but I’m waiting until after the premiere because I want the cast/crew to be surprised when they see it at the theatre.

I’m proud of the finished product. There are things I wish we could have done differently, but the time constraints dictated that you make snap decisions and just go with what you got. Very, very cool.

And the event travels to different cities every weekend, so check it out. It may be coming to your city soon.

http://www.48hourfilm.com/

My film was selected to appear in the Best of Atlanta screening! And I now have a link. Again, there are about 1000 things I’d do differently, but well… 48 hours is not a lot of time!

:)

Any feedback is appreciated!

Nicely done!

“I LARP like a mofo.”

Thanks!

The dude who plays that guy is me, BTW. I usually give myself the better lines.

And my wife is the blonde - Lisa.