50 Shades of Good Greif am I actually Reading this Thread?

Try this instead.

Oh man that was great, particularly the ending.

I went with my wife, it’s one of the worst movies I’ve seen in the past five years.

Thats what I hear from everyone - including women who likes the books. The sad thing is, since so many are seeing it, we are sure to get a sequel.

The wait for the podcast is such a delicious tease.

From what I’ve read, the movie is terrible but STILL better than the books.

Diego

Sequel…this is a trilogy. Get ready for two more of these.

I saw this. I know, I know. I was trying to describe to Tom Chick why I was boycotting the movie, and I realized I was regurgitating things that I’d read, written by people who also hadn’t seen the movie. “It’s rapey,” I said. “It’s stalkey. It’s about emotional abuse.” But propaganda goes both ways, so I wanted to see for myself whether this movie was boycott-worthy.

It’s not.

It’s a terrible movie with actors who don’t understand their roles and hate each other. There’s one scene that could be hypothetically stalkey – after she half-assedly turns him down with an e-mail (“It’s been nice knowing you”) and a smirk, he comes to her house to understand wtf. But everything that happens in the movie is consensual and it is always 100% clear where the boundaries are for the Christian Grey. The girl isn’t into it but is into him, so she tries it on for size, and ends up hating it. I don’t see what all the hullaballoo is about.

Still an awful movie, though.

My 25 year old daughter read the books. She hated them, but the way she put it, she couldn’t make fun of the books without having first reaad them. She did the same thing with Twilight. Difference is her and her friends used to go to the Twilight movies, if for no other reason than to make fun of them. She has no plans to see the 50 Shades movie.

My wife saw it last night. Admittedly she could not finish even the first book, but was dragged along by a few of her friends to a packed screening. Her comment as she walked in the door:

‘…it was not sexy at all.’

This.

-xtien

“I will launder this item.”

It is alone for the fact that the abuse of a boy (Christian Grey) by an elderly woman is portrayed as sexual maturing/in a positive light in general and people don’t even seem to notice it. What an outcry there would be if a female character had the same backstory => “Hey abuse in your childhood leads to awesome BDSM experiences as adult”. It really is fan fiction writing but one would have expected that at least the movie makers would get rid of such stuff.

Well at least they didn’t include the tampon scene. No, really.

‏@pattonoswalt Feb 16
Along came a spider who sat down beside her and said, “Put on this blindfold and take off your blouse.” #FiftyShadesOfWhey

Tampon scene lmao. Now there’s a challenge for a writer. This scene has to include a used tampon and still be sexy as hell. Go!

Jamie Dornan (Mr. Grey) is threatening to walk. Sam Taylor-Johnson, the director, is also threatening to walk.

The reason given?

E.L. James, the book author, was apparently given quite a bit of control over the movies by the studio. Unsurprisingly, she’s not getting along with anyone on the production.

“Sam won’t be back for the Fifty Shades sequels. She wants out and Universal knows that’s the right decision.”

“Her relationship with Erika has become absolutely toxic – they despise each other and blame each other for the problems with the film.” Sam and E.L. - who signed a £3 million deal with Universal and Focus Films giving them the rights to her trio of books, which also gave her creative control of the movies - are said to have clashed numerous times.

But let’s be honest. It’s about money.

This could be faked, but those seats are still filthy.

Could this be at all NSFW? Who knows these days.

Yikes! A new director and star could seriously jeopardize the integrity of realizing the artist’s vision in the seque… Mmmthppptbuahahahaha!

I’d buy a ticket to this movie and a dozen zucchinis just for the sake of fucking with theater employees after the fact.

Maybe the director will leave, but the star is locked for three movies from what I’ve read.