50 Shades of Good Greif am I actually Reading this Thread?

Hardcoded Chinese subtitles is just Canadian slang for I saw it in a small theatre in Toronto. The post just needs to be edited I think to better convey that. There were only 8 people in the theatre when I saw it on opening night. It was a little disconcerting that at least 5 of the people were dudes.

Sigh… I haven’t worked in the games industry in years, Tom. After the fiasco that was DreamCatcher/CryoNetworks/JoWood finally went out of business, I’ve been on the outside looking in. With my face pressed up against the glass. With a sad, mournful look on my face. In my hobo clothes.

That said, yeah. I probably should keep my media-acquisition proclivities to myself.

ARISE!

The Fifty Shades Darker teaser trailer is out.

Uh. Oh. Uh. Oh. Uh-oh. Oh nono.

-Tom

We’re all doomed.

[quote]
The first official trailer for Fifty Shades Darker has been viewed online 114 million times in the past 24 hours, according to Universal.[/quote]

[quote]
Previously the highest performing full-length trailer was the preview for Star Wars: The Force Awakens, which racked up 112 million views online in 24 hours.[/quote]

The full trailer, by the way:

It’s so strange to me that they set these up as great Valentine’s Day movies. The first one was awful and not sexy at all.

I mean, I’m a thousand percent predisposed to hate this, but that trailer looks awful. Barfffffffff.

Ah… Sorry, I have an appointment to slam my dick repeatedly in a car door.

Why? Whhhhyyyyyyy? I don’t have words. I don’t personally get the apeal, but that’s ok. There are lots of things that I don’t get the appeal of.Twilight, police procedurals, olives. But that said most of the time I can at least comprehend the scale of their fandoms.

Because teenage angst and ‘sexy’ vampires will always have a certain appeal to some, because they are a staple of television shows and palatable to a fairly large audience, and because some people have broken taste buds.

But this? The scale of the fanbase just throws me for a loop. More views than Star Wars? The Star Wars trailer that was very well made, for a generational franchise with billions in ticket sales, and one that crosses most cultural, gender, and class divides? That getting 112 million views makes sense.

WHO IN THE HELL ARE THESE PEOPLE WATCHING THIS 114 MILLION TIMES?

Plus, a week later, this is literally the first I’ve even heard a new trailer was out, let alone they were making a sequel. It’s like millions of people watched it and nobody talked about it at all. When The Force Awakens came out even people at my work who weren’t fans were talking about it to some degree.

This world makes no sense.

OMG chrsitin is so fine i sweer i want his babyz that tramp ana beter stay the fux away

My older daughter read the books and hated them. She said they were laughably bad. My wife listened to the first book and that was enough for her. Neither one bothered with the movie.

I’ll fess up and say that two of those times were me.

-Tom

“Uh. Oh. Uh. Oh. Uh-oh. Oh, no no.”

The new one is out today!

I still haven’t seen either of the previous two movies in their entirety, but I have caught five or ten minute snippets of both films here and there because this is one of those things that my wife will stop to watch whenever she’s flipping through the HBO channels and one of them is on.

Anyway, I just wanted to share a line from a Vulture article - Fifty Shades Freed Is Memento With Butt Plugs.

I’ve watched pundits applaud Christopher Nolan for the twisty way he employs time-shifting narratives in Dunkirk, but that has nothing on Fifty Shades Freed, where the movie shows us Dakota Johnson opening a butt-play drawer at Jamie Dornan’s insistence, suddenly cuts to her sitting down at work the next day, then flashes back to a scene of missionary sex that challenges the viewer to ask him or herself: “Wait, does she have that snow globe in her ass right now?”

Sold!

More seriously the first movie was alright, it got a bit unfairly piled on by critics I thought. Then again in general it seems there is open license for critics to trash anything in the romance/erotica genre that is vaguely popular.

Paging @John_Many_Jars :)

Have I ever posted about the 2000s USENET phenomenon known as “Samuel JohnsonIII”?

Do a usenet search for him. No space between “Johnson” and “III.”

Someone posted to alt.fan.samuel-johnson-iii last year, complaining about not being able to get ST Discovery on Easynews for some reason.

People still posting on usenet is a surprise, although I dont know why I am as I have a MIRC window open atm

Do people still pay for premium Usenet access these days?

and reacquainting myself with google groups, I found some of my old posts from the late 90s

Complaining about Nazis and racists online. Oh how things have changed. Not.

I really love that read a old post 90s because Christy Canyon is post in the 90 and she is totally nude on USENET because she got a snow globe up her ass. Thanks playingwithknives for Christy Canyon with a snow globe because I love it!!!