65 - Adam Driver versus the dinosaurs

It’s in the original trailer and is apparently the meaning behind the movie name “65.” At one point in the middle of the original trailer they flash it on screen that it takes place “65 million years ago.” Also this is what they show at the end of the original trailer. Note “65” statement on lower-left. So it appears to be part of the marketing of the film.

I know they said ‘65 million years ago’ but I don’t think they explicitly said it was earth until now. Not that it didn’t seem very obvious.

The poster says “65 million years ago prehistoric Earth had a visitor”. It’s right there.

I guess, I’m glad they’re not saving that for a Shaymalan twist.

I mean, we had a discussion after the first trailer because is was just called an ‘uncharted celestial body’ not Earth. But… then as I was watching the initial trailer just now it actually said ‘prehistoric earth’ about 2/3 thru. Weird, so why did we discuss if this as if we didn’t know? Everything in that first trailer up to the words ‘prehistoric earth’ make you think it’s not earth (other than 65 million years ago stuff). Fuck it, I’m old. And still want to watch the shit out of this.

The “uncharted celestial body” we were discussing was the asteroid that hit the ship.

Oh no, not gonna get me again. The uncharted thing was what they landed on. The asteroid was “undocumented”. Stop making me think too hard about this and just me me enjoy the sheer brain atrophy of knowing this exists.

Yeah, too much thinking in a movie about SciFi weapons used against dinosaurs has got to result in the fun getting sucked out. Better to just roll with it.

They set this around the KT extinction event, so bets on what’s going on there? Is it the undocumented asteroid he runs into? Does Adam Driver cause it himself in the finale by sending the girl forward in time?

I’m thinking it serves the same purpose in the movie as the lightning striking the clock tower in Back To The Future.

100% Adam Driver is going to be the cause of the extinction that eventually leads to humans on Earth. There’s no point to the movie if he just shows up, learns a lot about life and love, and leaves.

Okay, how about the asteroid misses and he realizes it’s up to him to really fuck up the dinos

I think it is both. He learns about life, love, has sex with a dinosaur, his offspring changing the course of evolution, and leaves.

Now THAT’S an elevator pitch!

Adam Driver banging a sexy T. Rex is tight!

So this is like a reboot of Tammy and the T-Rex, except Tammy is the T-Rex?

Is it still a mystery whether these are future humans sent back to prehistoric Earth, or if the implication is humanity in our galaxy far predated humans on Earth?

My only concern is that since it’s just Driver and some teenager that we wont have of Anti-dino Marines/Scientists/Fodder and their won’t be any real dino-chomping going on.

So the prehistoric humans that were already present on Earth when the crew from Battlestar Galactica showed up were really the descendants of these aliens. So the real mormons were the friends we made along the way?

That’s Robert E. Howard’s lore for the Conan stories. I think it’s a fun but super questionable concept.

So wait, what if Adam Driver is actually Kylo Ren in this and he is doing a force ghost projection thing, and this is how we eventually find out about the Star Wars universe?